First let me first say its good to have Besttechie back and with the old look ^^ now to the problem.

on exactly October 24 whenever i turn on or reset my computer it would reset(At the Windows loading screen), in a endless loop untill i booted in safe mode.

When in safe mode the only thing i could do is restore to the 23, i have no idea what could be goin on, i did almost nothing but listen to music on the 23-24.

I cant update Windows, Scans, Or anything(b/c they need me to reboot after updates) so im boned untill this is fixed =/

Im on windows XP home.

Oh yeah the first time i tried "Start Windows with last known configation that worked" or something like that, It worked, but only once -_-, when i turned off "reboot on system failure" i got a blue screen (duh).

Just woke up, thats all i can think of right now ^^;

Worked on a laptop with a similar problem, couldn't log in...would loop, even in safe mode. Thought it was a boot sector virus. Diagnostics on the second partition said it was a dying HDD.

Dell confirmed it by having me do this and that. Had a new Hdd the next day. Owner had like the Gold Plan for warranty, proll'y cost as much as the laptop.

Hope you have better luck, or at least save some of your stuff. I was able to use ntfs reader to salvage some files and folders.

M

First let me first say its good to have Besttechie back and with the old look ^^ now to the problem.

on exactly October 24 whenever i turn on or reset my computer it would reset(At the Windows loading screen), in a endless loop untill i booted in safe mode.

When in safe mode the only thing i could do is restore to the 23, i have no idea what could be goin on, i did almost nothing but listen to music on the 23-24.

I cant update Windows, Scans, Or anything(b/c they need me to reboot after updates) so im boned untill this is fixed =/

Im on windows XP home.

Oh yeah the first time i tried "Start Windows with last known configation that worked" or something like that, It worked, but only once -_-, when i turned off "reboot on system failure" i got a blue screen (duh).

Just woke up, thats all i can think of right now ^^;

What does the BSOD say?

I see that you say you can boot successfully if you run a system restore, but that on reboot you again have the problem. This would indicate something (virus, adware etc) is changing things and the altered system gets stuck in the boot loop.

So, you should probably run the online antivirus scans, run adware / spybot , a squared etc and see what you can find.

I had that problem too and the only thing that FINALLY fixed it was a reformat and reinstall of WindowsXP

Since you can get it running, I would suggest that you back up all your inportant stuff so you won't lose it if you do have to reinstall.

I don't have a clue as to what was causing the problem, I only know how I managed to fix it.