C Programming Help

Hi, me again! Have 2 quick questions (one about C programming, another about the forum). I'll tackle the forum question first...

Every time I have a new question on how to program something, should I start a new topic, or keep all my questions in one? Don't want to clutter the forum with a bunch of new topics asking questions, but I want my newest post to be known as a new question, not as a reply to my old one.

*edit again*

Ok, figured out my first programming question. May have another question later on tonight, so I'm keeping this thread, also because my first question still applies. Thanks if you almost helped!

*last edit*

Didn't need any help with the 2nd program. Once I figured out the first one the second one was a breeze. I think I may be learning, YAY! Question about starting a new topic or reviving old still in effect

Edited by buckwheat88

Better to start new thread if old one had people that answered the first question in full, or ask all questions in first post. At least that is the preferred way over on G$ where many of us landed from TTV before coming here. If question is connected to the first one, add a link to that thread perhaps? :unsure:

Of course I could be all wrong for how the tech guys want to handle it here so will defer to their opinions. :rolleyes:

Good luck on learning this stuff. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

If it was me, I would start a new post for a different question. Then again maybe my forum ettiquete is not correct :-)

On another forum I visit, they posted the rules of ettiquete, they seemed crazy. I must have been crabby that day, because I was being obstinant. here is a link to the rules, and my dumb and immature comments

http://distrotalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=1160

Edited by shanenin
  • 1 month later...
If it was me, I would start a new post for a different question. Then again maybe my forum ettiquete is not correct :-)

On another forum I visit, they posted the rules of ettiquete, they seemed crazy. I must have been crabby that day, because I was being obstinant. here is a link to the rules, and my dumb and immature comments

http://distrotalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=1160

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats funny XD