1 GB ram? GeForce 7800? what a crappy system, no just kidding. i dont know... try configuring the settings like making some low and others medium and high, try that. also, maybe the demo isnt designed to run at full capacity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope its just the demo. I better not have dropped 500 bucks on a graphics card if i cant run games at full speed. Maybe i should upgrade to 2gb of ram. They say some games may start using it soon.

1 GB ram? GeForce 7800? what a crappy system, no just kidding. i dont know... try configuring the settings like making some low and others medium and high, try that. also, maybe the demo isnt designed to run at full capacity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope its just the demo. I better not have dropped 500 bucks on a graphics card if i cant run games at full speed. Maybe i should upgrade to 2gb of ram. They say some games may start using it soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BF2 already uses 2GB but I don't think that's your problem.

How come you can't run it on low? Is it just lag or it doesnt start at all? Make sure you don't have a lot of background tasks/apps running.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BF2 already uses 2GB but I don't think that's your problem.

How come you can't run it on low? Is it just lag or it doesnt start at all? Make sure you don't have a lot of background tasks/apps running.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On low? Anyways, if i try to run it on maximum settings i run about 25 fps. If i run it on high it runs about 45 but can dip as low as 15 in firefights. Oh, im running 1024x768. In doom 3 i can run it maxed out at a steady 60 fps.

In doom 3 i can run it maxed out at a steady 60 fps

Must be the game then.

I would, however, recomend upgrading your ram. Seems a bit low for that system. How much, total, did it cost?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This system set me back about 1500. I already had the hard drive and ram so saved a few hundered bucks. So, if i get corsair xms do you think that will signifigantly increase my performance?

So, if i get corsair xms do you think that will signifigantly increase my performance

No, but it will give you bragging rights. :o

Right now I would wait on buying more ram.

1) Ram prices are extremely expensive right now (IMO) compared to several months ago.

2) Right now it is not a nesesity, but as newer games come out it could eventually be a bottleneck.

"No, but it will give you bragging rights." LOL, Bubbabob! :thumbsup:

I'm soooo not a gamer (spider solitare, anyone?), but have heard Son bellyache a LOT when he is playing Demos--I'm also willing to bet that it is the Demo-game-thing itself. They're keeping "the good stuff" for the retail version, especially if it is projected to be a good game.

Liz

Edited by blim
"No, but it will give you bragging rights."  LOL, Bubbabob!  :thumbsup:

I'm soooo not a gamer (spider solitare, anyone?), but have heard Son bellyache a LOT when he is playing Demos--I'm also willing to bet that it is the Demo-game-thing itself.  They're keeping "the good stuff" for the retail version, especially if it is projected to be a good game.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well this is wierd. I uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled the same ones and it runs much better. I have talked to people and alot of them say the retail version runs somewhate smoother so i am optomistic. Anyways, now i can run it almost maxed out at a constant 60 fps.