Don't know if this helps everyone. But I removed and reinstalled SpyBot and it fixed most of the bad checksum's I was getting. Don't know why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also did a reinstall of spybot and it stopped the bad checksums that I had been getting the last two weeks.

I did my Spybot update today, though didn't pay attention to the date on it.

962KB for Detection Rules. And the English language one was 22KB. Went through the Australia mirror site for the detection rules, and did fine. But it gave a bad checksum for the tiny English language update, so tried the two Safer networking Europe places and 1st one didn't work, but #2 did. Then immunized it and will scan later tonight when I am offline.

I do have the older version still, so maybe it works better than newer one that came out awhile back?

Pat.

God bless everyone.

I ran a brand-new install (with the newest installer) on the 14th and got a bad checksum on nearly everything from the Safer Networking server #1 (Europe).

Just keep switching servers until you're happy. They'll get it worked out eventually.

• 1 month later...

962KB for Detection Rules. And the English language one was 22KB. Went through the Australia mirror site for the detection rules, and did fine. But it gave a bad checksum for the tiny English language update, so tried the two Safer networking Europe places and 1st one didn't work, but #2 did. Then immunized it and will scan later tonight when I am offline.

I do have the older version still, so maybe it works better than newer one that came out awhile back?

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The older version isn't supported anymore and you may still get caught with something that is missed with a scan.

Hey MrBill aint seen you around in forever.

How's life treating you.

M

Life's treating me well. It's the world that sucks...lol

Been great and trying to keep my nose clean if possible. Stay on another board and arrgivate the stew out of about 3 or for post counters there. When they get one of their post pulled I hide. I guess they get a monthly post count check. They even answer their own post 2 or 3 times in a row just to bet the count up. Admin pulls them often but not often enough. They stay out of the help board because they are to dumb to know anything about PC's. There are 2 or 3 of us that give the hell every chance we get which is quite often. How are you doing?

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The older version isn't supported anymore and you may still get caught with something that is missed with a scan.

The reason I didn't uninstall it, and then install the new one, was so many people were having trouble at first with it, then I found it was still updating so stayed with it.

I was wondering why they still update my older version (one just prior to the current one), if it isn't supported anymore? It appears to me they support it by their allowing updates for it When I update it, then do my scan, it includes new stuff in the list in scan status bar. It immunizes too. So am I protected or not?

Glad to see you over at these boards, we think it is the best place to hang out. If you come from where I think you do, I joined months ago but couldn't handle all the cat-fighting there. I saw good people there too (some I knew from other boards including here), but didn't want to accidently get in the middle of cat-fight threads not knowing most people or what sides anyone was on, can do that easy enough elsewhere, such as G$ CFH board. Ha! Sort of the one you know versus the one you don't situation.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Hi Mr. Bill!

I know you from "that other board", which I cruised through during BT's down time--ugh, I know what you mean about the "5-6 member club". Not a nice place and I won't join there (although I've been tempted just to tell those particular folks off, but it wouldn't do any good...) Why are post counts so important, anyways? I never could figure that out.

Come play in this Sandbox. Much nicer. I'm the only one who throws sand, and it's only in fun.

There I go, hijacking a thread again...Robroy's not online to keep me in line. I'll blame him :thumbsup:

Liz

Edited by blim

Are you all talking about the Worldstart boards? You can pm me if you want. I lurked there for a while after TTV died, but saw a lot of infighting and general bitchiness, so I didn't join. I did recognize some familiar names there. (They were not the ones causing problems.)