Breezy Released

1093 upgraded, 369 newly installed, 66 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 1233MB of archives.
After unpacking 545MB of additional disk space will be used.

archive.ubuntu.com is being pounded, you should probably use a mirror if you plan to dist-upgrade

Mirrors can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Archive

Edited by Hai-Etlik
1093 upgraded, 369 newly installed, 66 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 1233MB of archives.
After unpacking 545MB of additional disk space will be used.

archive.ubuntu.com is being pounded, you should probably use a mirror if you plan to dist-upgrade

Mirrors can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Archive

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, well-said, Hai-Etlik! :D

I anticipated a real bandwidth slowdown today and downloaded Ubuntu 5.10 from ubuntu.org at 5:00 a.m. today, just beat the rush I think. I've got 5.10 installed, very nice distro. The install of 5.10 is faster than 5.04.

snapshot1.jpg

Did a clean install of breezy on my notebook yesterday...I did have a couple of glitches but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

Hadn't noticed any improvement in install speed as hitest says but there's a very noticable improvement in boot time.

I have no idea why I did this since things were the way I wanted them and now I have to set it all up again. :blink:

On the bright side, the repos aren't getting hamered as much and I'm getting decent speeds reinstalling all my apps.

Edited by tictoc5150
Did a clean install of breezy on my notebook yesterday...I did have a couple of glitches but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

Hadn't noticed any improvement in install speed as hitest says but there's a very noticable improvement in boot time.

I have no idea why I did this since things were the way I wanted them and now I have to set it all up again.  :blink:

On the bright side, the repos aren't getting hamered as much and I'm getting decent speeds reinstalling all my apps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I like the boot-up sequence too, nice eye candy. Yeah, the repos were much better on Friday. On Thursday, the transfer rate was very slow. I thought about doing apt-get dist-upgrade, but, opted for a clean install as well. :D