New Wireless Router, Need To Protect It.

Just snagged a deal at officemax. bro was there for a jump drive and spotted the router said 40 bucks he called me i ran out there it rung up 35 though heck of a deal considering belkin's price was 89.99. anyways, i want to keep people from accessing my router. I don't think the people in this area would ever do that cause say only 5% of people out here have enough knowledge to do it but still. My routers properties page has 4 options for encryption. WPA-PSK, 128bit WEP, 64bit WEP, WPA. what should i use if any.

I've tried to set it as WPA-PSK but when i click apply changes it doesn't do anything i go back to the routers home page and it says security is still disabled. THe router is a belkin of some kind.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Just use WPA, assuming your wifi card / software supportsits. If not even wep will keep most people off your network, unless they have the knowledge and desire to crack it. ( in my experience...most people will move on to an easier target, especially in a home setting. A business is a whole other deal()

ok everytime i set a something like WPA-PSK or WEP, it won't activate. i click apply changes and go back to the routers homepage and it still says security is disabled. Why won't it work?