My first homecoming dance is this friday, i dont have a date yet even though I will still go. This is a "simi-formal dance" I went and got dress pants and a dress shirt with a tie B). I am in 10th grade, I want to know if you guys know anythng I should watch out for, or any tips.

Hmm.. Homecoming. In all honesty, at least around here, Homecoming is no different than any other dance--other than the fact we dress up a bit nicer. You shouldn't really be worried about anything, just like don't get in a car with someone who's been drinking. Mine's next week, not sure how I'm going to get there.. Don't really like the idea of my step-dad driving me and picking up my date.

Matt

my homecoming dance ain't till next friday but i ain't goin cause last year too many people from other schools came. This year you have to have your ID badge and girlfriend is from the other school across town. No biggy though. ain't been to a dance yet and it's my senior year.

Whoo, hoo, Amp!!!

The best advice I can give you is if you don't have a date (which is ok!) and you like to dance, don't be shy and invite the girls out on the dance floor every opportunity you get. It's as easy as putting your hand out and asking, "would you like to dance?" Trust me, most girls love to dance and especially love the attention. And if you ask the rare girl that will turn you down, just go on to the next--it isn't about you, some girls are just too uncomfortable out on the dance floor or something simple like her feet hurt--don't see a "no" as a rejection, blow it off and ask another girl! My son has been to many folkdance festivals and that's how it goes, you leave your ego at the door and concentrate on getting on that dancefloor.

The "wallflower girls" especially appreciate the attention, and the other girls will say, "isn't that sweet that he asked her to dance", so give your wallflowers some attention! You'll be a hero in the "girls network". If you don't like to dance, at least grab a girl for every slow dance, slow dances are easy to "fake" if you don't like dancing or don't know how to dance well.

And if you do get a date, dance with her, of course,--but don't be afraid if you see a wallflower girl looking lonely to ask your date if she would mind if you asked the wallflower to dance--again, your date will think "how sweet".

And if you get a date, take the extra step and buy her flowers--either a corsage or a bouquet. Girls love that stuff ;)

Don't be shy!!!! You'll have a lot more fun!!

We expect a full report on Saturday, young man!

Liz

blim I see that you know alot about how women think, as you are one too, thank you very much for your info.

I will post a report on saturday about how the dance went. Thank you all for your support. :D And thanks Matt for the tie instructions.

Edited by ampshock
lol I had the same problem last year

ties1.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is awesome MATT...I had to learn to old fashion way watching my dad do it and then trying not to make a boyscout knot in the first couple of tries...I can't wait to have a son and show them...

blim I see that you know alot about how women think, as you are one too, thank you very much for your info.

I will post a report on saturday about how the dance went. Thank you all for your support. :D  And thanks Matt for the tie instructions.

Here is a picture of me.

tyler.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now not to root for the pink team, but I can tell you have a lot going for you. It takes a lot of confidence for a guy to post his picture everywhere and you don't seem to be lacking, so take LIZ's advice and don't be SHY...the best approach to a woman is to be confident...they have a sick sense for this stuff...Smile, and with Matt's advice, be presentable, they love seeing a guy dressed up! And dancing...isn't that hard...doesn't even have to be the stuff you see on TV and in the movies...of course don't do the PeeWee Hurman on the floor, or the Carlton (Fresh Price of Bel-Air) but move your feets, legs, and hips...and you will get more attention from more than just the girl you are dancing with...and trust me...White guys can get it done too! And for further advice...be yourself when it comes to the slow dancing stuff...at a young age, it isn't so much about who is leading and which way you hold her or spin, but the emotion that is shared between you and who ever you choose to ask for the dance...it is one thing to hold someone, but a different feeling when you dance...movement, feeling, the whole sappy girl putting her head on your shoulder thing...not knowing your a dancing and being the only two people listening to the song...that is how is should be...

If you have someone you feel like asking, don't hesitate...take Nike's Advice...JUST DO IT...the answer is always no if you don't ask! And if you don't have someone in mind...don't threat...there will be plenty of lovely ladies there in the same position waiting for you, the charmer, to sweep them off their feet atleast for time you give them...plus if you go there single, you can dance with everyone and not feel obligated or reluctant when you bring someone...!

Hope some of these helps...ALSO...NO PICK UP LINES...they are outdated...of course ask them how they are doing and/or don't just start talking without them knowing you are talking to them, but the best thing you will ever have going for you...ORGINALITY...not using someone elses lingo!

You'll have a blast...damn i wish i could go back just a few years...!

ENJOY

Hey, you know, you could ask your Dad to help you tie that tie.

Most fathers feel kind of left out of their teen's life.

I doubt that he would turn you down for help.

Have a GREAT time at the dance.

Hey, you know, you could ask your Dad to help you tie that tie.

Most fathers feel kind of left out of their teen's life. 

I doubt that he would turn you down for help.

Have a GREAT time at the dance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I allways include my dad in allmost everything I do, when I need help he is the man, he has also been helping me tie a tie but he just can only tie it on himself correctly I just wanted a little further instruction. Yesturday was my dad's birthday and I will always be there with him all the way.

Thanks Vile for the info.

I should have gotten into this thread earlier, Liz is giving away 'girl secrets' :D

Helpful hints,

Don't wear new shoes.

Have something to talk about.

Don't play the 'brother' role.

Spend time with your date, but don't be clingy.

Don't hang with your friends.

If you can dance you are set. Like Liz said, girls REALLY like to dance.

It seems that as soon as I had a certain subset of women figured out (my type), and got 'good' at dating, I found one I wanted to keep and settled down.

Ahhh, the irony.

:D

BH

Now, Brian, how can those be 'secrets' if girls been trying to drill this stuff into men's heads since the beginning of time???? :D Hmmmmm, must be that selective hearing that only men have, right? ;)

And guys, you know I'm teasing you--just couldn't resist!

Liz

Now, Brian, how can those be 'secrets' if girls been trying to drill this stuff into men's heads since the beginning of time????  :D  Hmmmmm, must be that selective hearing that only men have, right?  ;)

And guys, you know I'm teasing you--just couldn't resist!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What? Did you say something?....:D

Anyway, we are talking about Boys here...:) The teenage girl is a strange creature. I was scared of teenage girls, because they tend to erupt into tears without warning. :blush: Women are easier to figure out, and frankly more likable...:)

As for men, I can't defend my gender. We are deeply flawed creatures that can only be domesticated by years of nagging... :lol:

BH

Its a full report on last night and how I feel about it.

Dont Laugh! :angry2:

Homecoming 2005

I started out coming home on Friday from school, my brother Patrick came home with his friend Rachel. We all got ready; I put on my dress pants, shirt, $80 leather bottom dress shoes and tie. All 3 of us got into Patrick’s Honda Accord and went to go get his

Date, when we got there Patrick pulled out his corsage, that I had to retrieve from the store earlier because he was too busy to go get it. And placed it on Beth’s wrist, then we left to Out Back Steak House to go eat; it was at 6:30 and the dance started at 10:00 PM.

When we where there we met up with more friends, Lee and Tavius, while we where there we ordered meals, laughed and joked around, we did not drink, or it would of ended up bad, like car crash bad. Anyway it was my brother’s birthday he was 19, so Lee and me told the waiter to come out at the end of our meal and do the happy happy bithday song. Patrick (my brother) isn’t to fond of these events (who isn’t), when they came out we all stood up and danced and did the song with all the waiters. They brought out a big Sunday for him and lots of spoons, so we all ate some and 5 minutes later the waiter came up to our table and said, “That man over there just paid for your whole mealâ€. We were amazed then we walked over to him and all shoke his hand and thanked him for his kindness, He just said, “Stay out of trouble tonightâ€, the bill was about $120. Patrick knows him and told us that he is a contractor that makes a lot of money, so we all are going to send him a thank you card later since he knows his address. We all walked out and thanked god for such a wonderful things he had just done for us. Then we all drove over to the mall and hanged out there till 9:40 and went to the dance. It was my time to start dancing and using my charm on the ladies, I danced with about 15 different women that night only one said, “Sorry my heals hurtâ€. I tried to stay out of the middle of the dance floor because there wasn’t much oxygen to breath and it was really hot in there too, most of the dirty dancing was there. I mastered the slow dances. It was getting near 12:00 and my dad said that he wanted to pick me up and take me home around then so it was 11:45 and another slow dance started. So I walked up to a beautiful young lady, and said, “Would you like to dance†with my hand out. And she said, “Yes I would love to dance†So I took It from there and brought her onto the dance floor. I started her out with my arms wrapped around her waist and danced for about 10 seconds and she, I guess she felt alittle uncomfortable and loosened her grip around my shoulders and I loosened my grip too, feeling it was what she wanted. And as we danced she asked for my name softly and I replied with my name in the same tone. Then as the music went along she came closer to me as we dance, I seemed as if she could not be too far apart without falling back on to me, I came closer to her, and she laid her head on my chest as we went dancing. At that moment I felt that I have made a truly real connection between each other. Then the music faded away, she then asked me which grade I was in I said 10th she then stopped looking at me and putting her finger nail between her teeth and moving it back and forth for about 3 seconds (Is this Body Language?) then said well I am in 9th. I said then, “That’s just fine it really doesn’t matter†and she asked me if I would dance with her for the rest of the night. I said yes, and at the totally wrong timing my dad calls (I had my phone on vibrate) I stopped in my tracks, and she said what is wrong, I said “ I have to go†and she said why, I said “I have to be home at this timeâ€. And she had a really disappointed look on her face that made me feel like I took her heart and broke it. So I went out side and my dad picked me up and took me home. Overall I had a really good time it was just that one girl that made me feel different.

Wow, Amp (or should we start calling you Casanova now?),

It sounds like you had a real good night (how great that your meal was paid for--yes, make sure you folks write a thank you note!) You danced with about 15 girls???? Good for you!!

Your "Dream Girl's" odd reaction might just be because she didn't want to admit she was "merely a Frosh". Don't let that bother you. Sounds like you two hit it off. NOW you need to get to know this young lady better!! Hunt her up! Tell her how much you enjoyed getting to know her at the dance and would like to get to know her better. :thumbsup:

I'm so proud of you and so happy you had a good time.

Liz

ampshock Its a full report on last night and how I feel about it.

Dont Laugh![ /quote]

No laughin' here....Sounds like a great time! Opps...Hey you had your phone in hand and didn't get her digits? Lost 10 points for that faux pas lamb...

Amp ...Use the force... :lol:

Hope you're able to track down the intriguing little lady that tugged at your icon12.gif