i partly like the case, but i dislike the front panel, as i am lazy, and don't wish to have to reach down, and open it up to insert a cd, or dvd.

reaching down because my pc's are on the bottom shelf of my station.

i like the huge window, but the wires look too much like mixed spaghetti, try tying them up?

Yeah im still working on it trying to get the fan control to work and stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you've done a very good job so far, congrats on the build.

now, don't let just anybody mess with it either...........!!!!!!!!

I have some of those flex ties im going to tie the cords up with I also need to connect the temp sensors but my system runs 36 C under no load and 48-50 C underload.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's what i did, i got some colored nylon ties, and neatend everything up. my next build (whenever) i want to use "wire loom", you know what i mean? spark plug wires on most cars are covered with this product, and they come in colors as well. J.C. Whitney sells them, so do most auto parts stores i do believe. adds color to the pc, especially with a nice big window, and some lights. sounds like the temps are about as normal as can be.

Are the specs listed in your signature the computer shown? If so, then that is eerily similar to the system I am about to finish soon :blink:

Mine has/will have the same motherboard, same CPU and same amount of RAM (But I got Crucial Ballistix instead of Corsair). The rest of the parts are lower-end than what you have, but they're not that much different (Maybe only one model generation behind). Aside from the obvious keyboard/mouse/monitor/speaker differences, perhaps the biggest deviation from what you have is the case. All I got was a generic beige Apex tower (The functionality of a computer is more important than the appearance in my opinion).

Edited by Torin_Darkflight
Are the specs listed in your signature the computer shown? If so, then that is eerily similar to the system I am about to finish soon :blink:

Mine has/will have the same motherboard, same CPU and same amount of RAM (But I got Crucial Ballistix instead of Corsair). The rest of the parts are lower-end than what you have, but they're not that much different (Maybe only one model generation behind). Aside from the obvious keyboard/mouse/monitor/speaker differences, perhaps the biggest deviation from what you have is the case. All I got was a generic beige Apex tower (The functionality of a computer is more important than the appearance in my opinion).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are my specs MSI boards are very good I installed my parts and everthing works like a top if your into overclocking they give you an option where it will overclock for you and my board came with the platinum bios.

I have the same speakers but unfortuneately they are all in front too but i have the rear ones real wide set and angled. i used to have my old Z-640's rear speakers mounted on the back of my chair before they died :( I can't do that (parents won't let me anyway they hated me havin em on the chair) with my X-530's. They don't have the forked metal stnads my others had. Mixed with audigy 2 zs and the super simplified controls my x-530's are rockin.

Nice entire steup. if you ever get the chance and if you are still in school and get the chance, take your computer in for some kinda demonstration. I took mine in for AP U.S. History for a D-Day Demonstration (Medal of Honor: Allied Assault). Everyone saw and thougt wow it looks cool......then i pushed the power button. Everyone was like "HOLY CRAP that's cool." no one ever bothered me about being a computer nerd again. instead they all wanted me to make them one.... then they found out how much one like mine would cost.

No thanks...I've spent way too much money on my new system to have it potentially fry from overclocking.

I'm 50% deaf in one ear, so audio quality isn't critically important to me. I can get by with the onboard audio on my new system just fine. I just wish they made good-quality pseudo-surround headphones (To keep from bothering anyone in the room next to mine, I use headphones instead of speakers).

i'm with torin. no need in overclocking. you have enough power. hell my athlon XP 3000+ has plenty of power. It just overheats very badly (if i ever sell my dang 85 sunbird i'll buy a 3200+ and a zalman HSF).

And torin one of the best things about havin a sound card no matter how good it is, when you are playin games like I am all the time a card will take care of all the audio instead of your cpu. i'd play bf1942 with the onboard and everytime there was an explosion the game lagged.... in SINGLEPLAYER. i took out my old live! to test something thats why i was useing onboard. i like my audigy much more though.