I Just Need Support 2:39 Update

update below in code

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\smss.exe
should it bere there? I am looking to see if that is the possible infection

Ok,well when i try to boot my PC up it will go to log-in screen, and after logging in after a few seconds the computer restarts.

I am currenlty in "safe mode with networking" scanning with my Norton, and if nothing comes up AVAST PRO.

What i need is your opinions on what i am about to say

To my belief it is a virus on my computer due to the fact that it will load up perfectly to log-in screen, and even load desktop ( until it restarts). This takes away the possibility of a HD issue.

Hmmm just my luck, 9/10 months no computer, 2 months after being back another computer issue ( last one wasnt my fault, MOBO just fried). Well Can I get your opinions on what i said above THANKS

~Jose

P.S it is so fun when o

nly half of this form fits on the monitor

Edited by TheTrueDarkOne

Maybe this will help---

smss.exe at ProgramChecker

update below in code

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\smss.exe
should it bere there? I am looking to see if that is the possible infection

Ok,well when i try to boot my PC up it will go to log-in screen, and after logging in after a few seconds the computer restarts.

I am currenlty in "safe mode with networking" scanning with my Norton, and if nothing comes up AVAST PRO.

What i need is your opinions on what i am about to say

To my belief it is a virus on my computer due to the fact that it will load up perfectly to log-in screen, and even load desktop ( until it restarts). This takes away the possibility of a HD issue.

Hmmm just my luck, 9/10 months no computer, 2 months after being back another computer issue ( last one wasnt my fault, MOBO just fried). Well Can I get your opinions on what i said above THANKS

~Jose

P.S it is so fun when o

nly half of this form fits on the monitor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

video driver you say...

I suppose i will grab my manual for my MOBO ( to see where i need to get it)

The reason i believe its a trojan/virus is b/c my Norton Auto-Protect is off ( could be due to being in safe mode, i cant check in regular b/c it doesnt load in time), as well as email scanning.

I have ran

AVAST PRO

Norton 2003 PRo

McAfee Online Scanner

and nothing has come up. I am about to try a good ole sytem restore , and if that doesnt fix it, i will be back in safemode trying to find the video driver

video driver you say...

I suppose i will grab my manual for my MOBO ( to see where i need to get it)

The reason i believe its a trojan/virus is b/c my Norton Auto-Protect is off ( could be due to being in safe mode, i cant check in regular b/c it doesnt load in time), as well as email scanning.

I have ran

AVAST PRO

Norton 2003 PRo

McAfee Online Scanner

and nothing has come up. I am about to try a good ole sytem restore , and if that doesnt fix it, i will be back in safemode trying to find the video driver

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of video card do you have? You would get it from Nvidia's website or Ati's

Thank you guys I am live and kicking now

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?...0cf3a478&SID=11

So yes i t may have been a video driver error. I never knew of a video driver doing those things, guess you learn a new thing every day. I was right no auto-protect b/c i was in safe mode.

The issue has been solved ( system restore) and then the link came up, so I am going to look for update for all my devices.

Problem: Windows restarts after logging in ( the system logs into and shows the desktop with processes starting, then shuts off randomly). The time it took to restart varied, and no definite answer is available.
Caused Problem: Possible installtion of Kaspersky Beta 6
Solution: System Restored, and updating drivers
Notes: *None at the moment

( another one to keep in my little log) ( i need to find it though ;))

Thank you guys

Edited by TheTrueDarkOne