Also try this scan: Spyware Scan at PC Pitstop

It reads what's running and lists necessary and safe processes in GREEN. If it knows what it is but it's optional software (like keyboard utilities) it lists it in BLUE. If it doesn't know what the program is it lists them in GREY, those you'd look up elsewhere (usually you can figure out what they are). If it's adware or other minor annoyances it will be listed in YELLOW. If something shows up in RED, it's a nasty you want to get rid of.

Click the SCAN button then choose OK in the security dialog box that appears. My results:

spywarescanresults7hv.gif

Edited by JDoors

Hi Goman! Long time no see.

I got nosy, and googled cftmon.exe and it seems to be part of Microsoft Office.

There is another program to analyse your processeses but I can't remember the name, perhaps someone else can...."*someone's* codestuff" or "codestarter" (never used it, just remember it being recommended). But that diagram that Jdoors posted looks nifty. I like the color coding :thumbsup:

Liz

There is another program to analyse your processeses but I can't remember the name, perhaps someone else can...."*someone's* codestuff" or "codestarter" (never used it, just remember it being recommended).  But that diagram that Jdoors posted looks nifty.  I like the color coding :thumbsup:

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blim's on it. I use Mike Lin's Codestuff Starter to monitor what programs start on boot. Along with Spybot's Teatimer feature , which alerts me if something is trying to change the registry, like quicktime or realtime, or other nasties that want to install themselves to load at boot.

Codestuff Starter.

There is another program to analyse your processeses but I can't remember the name, perhaps someone else can...."*someone's* codestuff" or "codestarter" (never used it, just remember it being recommended).  But that diagram that Jdoors posted looks nifty.  I like the color coding :thumbsup:

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like CodeStuff Starter - manage your startup programs

http://www.webattack.com/get/starter.html

Double click on any Startup Item or Process to see the file properties.

You can also right click > Search on the Internet > Google or other Search Engines

or select The Task List(AnswersThatWork - Tasklist http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm)to find out what each

Startup Item or Process is exactly if listed.

Readme.txt

Unlike Msconfig, Starter also lets you view the application's registry entry. (As always, don't mess with registry entries if you don't know what you're doing.)

The fun doesn't end there. Click the Processes button to get a list of all the programs currently running in Windows. If you want to kill a process (for example, force Internet Explorer to quit if it freezes), select the entry and click the Terminate button. It's further proof that Starter is the thinking man's startup utility.

Starter is an advanced startup manager for Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003

and perhaps the future Windows versions.

Starter is a real Freeware and not crippled in any way.

Starter supports the most common operations over the programs that are executed by Windows whenever it is starting up. These include but not limited to: add new items, delete and edit existing items, temporarily disable and enable items. In addition, Starter allows to manage the currently running processes in system.