Kerio To End Their Personal Firewall

just came across some sad news.

Kerio Personal Firewall is ending its life. thats right. kerio technologies is discontinuing Kerio Personl Firewall. the most recent release KPF 4.2.0 is the last version to be released.

The entire discussion can be found here

Hello all,

Kerio Technologies has grown into a significant player in both security and messaging markets. We have achieved many accolades, and we have many satisfied customers all over the world.

Kerio now employs over one hundred people in our three offices worldwide. We want to continue to deliver products that you enjoy to use. We made a promise to give our customers the best products in their category. And that means implementing some changes in our product strategy.

During the second half of this year, Kerio will be discontinuing two host-based security products from our portfolio – Kerio ServerFirewall and Kerio Personal Firewall.

Kerio Personal Firewall will be discontinued as of December 31, 2005. It will not be available for purchase after this date. Subscriptions will not be renewed. Technical support will be provided to all customers with valid subscriptions until the end of 2006.

Thank you for your support of Kerio.

Cheers,

Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas

Technical Support Manager

2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400

Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: (408) 496-4500

Fax: (408) 496-6902

http://www.kerio.com/support.html

I honestly don't think so, microsoft firewall only protects agains inboudn threats, if they already are infected before SP2 made that a mandatory operation, it can still try to infect others.

Plust not everyone uses win 2000/xp There are still a lot of die hard fans of 9x/me out there.

I personaly use Agnitum Outpost, its a bit over the top security and i pay for it, it also has a "spyware" scanner in it now, and its getting better every day.

Howerver, i do think that with my own firewall moving into spyware, is showing that the firewall market is either being cornered, or monopolized. Hardware (like internet routers and wirless routers) with firewalls are probably becoming quite an ever important choice.

Pierce

Wasn't this announced a while ago????

I use Sygate BTW

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, it was originally posted at kerio forums on September 2nd, but no one posted here about it. so once I found out about it I posted it here so people here knew about it. Not everyone goes to every forum board like you, me Jeff and some others here. This way those that don't go to other boards, like members that come here for help only, get the message.