My friend just called me. She is running XP and her printer (an HP I assume) was printing some documents when she lost power to her computer and printer. When she turned the printer back on the document was stuck in the print queue and she couldn't print anything else.

She right-clicked and deleted the job, which is said "deleting..." but now it's been a whole day and the job won't go away.

She has unplugged the printer and plugged it back in, restarted, everything.....short of uninstalling the printer.

Does she need to uninstall and reinstall or is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance.

My friend just called me.  She is running XP and her printer (an HP I assume) was printing some documents when she lost power to her computer and printer.  When she turned the printer back on the document was stuck in the print queue and she couldn't print anything else.

She right-clicked and deleted the job, which is said "deleting..." but now it's been a whole day and the job won't go away.

She has unplugged the printer and plugged it back in, restarted, everything.....short of uninstalling the printer.

Does she need to uninstall and reinstall or is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to Start > Run and type in services.msc

hit enter

Scroll to the print spooler service, and stop/ restart it

That should do the trick

IF the printer icon shows in the task bar, double click it and then check the menus and make sure that "pause printing" isn't checked. That happens to us at work sometimes and then print jobs just stack up.

Don't know if that's your problem, but it's worth a quick look!