Slowdown When Loading 300+ Folders In A Single Dir

I have recently been organizing my MP3 collection (God it sucks to sort) and I decided to make a folder for each artist I have. The problem I'm facing is a bit of a slow down happens whenever it tries to load the main directory. Does anybody know how I can make this slow down not happen? Also, if I keep adding folders to the main directory, will the slow down get worse?

My specs:

Antec "SONATA" with Piano Black finish\380W PS

Gigabyte K8NS Pro

AMD64 3200+ (Newcastle)

1GB Corsair PC3200 DDR

36.7GB WD Raptor 10K RPM 8MB HD

200GB Seagate SATA 7200 RPM 8MB HD

300GB WD3000JB IDE 7200 RPM 8MB HD

250GB Seagate IDE 7200 RPM 8MB HD

Optorite 4x DVD-+RW

LG 52x24x52 CDRW

MSI ATI 128MB RX9800 Pro

PCI - Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150

PCI - SoundBlaster Live 5.1 SS

PCI - Belkin 5 Port USB2.0

PCI - D-Link DWL-G510 Airplus 802.11G

PCI - U.S. Robotics 56K V.92 Modem

19" Acer LCD Display

XP Pro SP2

Thanks for the help guys. :)

\\DOS

its problay indexning the folder if you have the turned on.. Let it do it the first time and it should not have to do it agian. if you don't have folder indexing turned on turn it on.

a lot of people turn this off as they think it will increse performance.. but once indexed your files should not change that much to happer performance..

its problay indexning the folder if you have the turned on.. Let it do it the first time and it should not have to do it agian. if you don't have folder indexing turned on turn it on.

a lot of people turn this off as they think it will increse performance.. but once indexed your files should not change that much to happer performance..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhhh, good suggestion. I shall try that whenever I get back to my home PC (I'm at work now slacking :P ). Thanks!

\\DOS