OK, I'm going to try to explain this "oddity".....

Recently, when clicking links, a second IE window pops up (I know, that's normal) BUT the window is about half the width of the full screen--it's narrow, and I have to drag the "left and right edges left and right" to make it full screen. AND this doesn't happen all the time, sometimes second windows open up just fine....Is there a way to fix this? Have no idea why this started, you know, kids and the computer...someone goofed something up, and of course no one is "owning it".

The last change that I know of is that Daughter got the "newest AIM" and Son uninstalled the new "aim toolbar thing" that came with it (because it aggravated me) and some more AIM eye candy (the 'free AOL trial' and AOL explorer), again, these things came with the newest version of AIM. He uninstalled these through the Add/Remove Programs chunk of Windows.

Not a big deal to me (I just make the window bigger), but Son is throwing "hissy fits" over it, and it is an odd behaviour, usually all links open up with the window covering the whole screen.

Any ideas? Oh, and don't forget, use simple words, I'm a dummy :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Liz.

Edited by blim

I'm looking into it but it has been so long since I used IE it really seems strange to open it.

Have you scanned for anny spyware that maybe causing this?

I'll try to get back here before too long but so far I have found nothing about the cause.

Maybe Sultan will awing in here with a link.

Preston

Hey Liz, try this:

Close all instances of Internet Explorer that are currently open, except for one.

Right click a link on the web page and select Open in new window.

Close the first instance of the browser that was originally open using the “X†in the top corner.

Resize the existing window by dragging the top and sides until it is full screen again.

Click the “X†in the top corner while holding down the Ctrl key.

The next time you open your browser, the window will once again appear full screen.

BINGO!! Matt, your solution worked! Easy to test because Pierce's links in the On the Web section here were misbehaving :) I knew it had to be something easy.

Writing the fix down in "the purple notebook" in case it happens again.

And Preston, thank you so much for checking into this--you can rest your brain now ;)

Thanks a million to both of you,

Liz