Google Customized Homepage

What do you think of The Google customized homepage feature.

I use Google as my Homepage because it is the first place I go when I hit the web so this is great for me.

I know this is not a earth shaking topic but just wanted to throw one in the ring.

Preston

Tried it (and others), wasn't really hooked.

I never go to the main Google page normally (I use Opera, it has integrated search), and I'm usually not on the search page for long. So I had to change habits to use the Google page, and that didn't really happen.

I use Google as my Homepage because it is the first place I go when I hit the web so this is great for me.

Me too.

I've just checked it out and it appears pretty cool. Now if Google would come up with a cheap dialup service with web authoring I'd be really :) . (I'm in the stix... no inexpensive highspeed capabilities :( )

Thanx Preston !!!

I dont care for it a whole lot. IMO it's not up to par with Hotmail, Yahoo, and others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yahoo and Hotmail have too much going on for me. Being in advertising I really don't want to see to much when I'm home.

Preston

Me too.

I've just checked it out and it appears pretty cool. Now if Google would come up with a cheap dialup service with web authoring I'd be really :) . (I'm in the stix... no inexpensive highspeed capabilities :( )

Thanx Preston !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As fast as Google is going ISPism (new term created by me) may not bet far off.

OMG! I hate Yahoo's home page. There is so much clutter and flash I just wanna scream when I open it to look at my junk mail account.

Googles homepage gives me the same thing without the mess.

Web Images Groups News Froogle LocalNew! more »

What more do I need? There is nothing *shouting* at me, "click here". Generaly I open a forum from bookmarks first thing anyway, and my real mail accounts.

• 1 month later...

I use homepage before and put a Slashdot.org RSS on it, and it show me a lot for 1 week until Shashdot.org banned me for a short time.........

It said that i am viewing their RSS more than 10 time a day....... i was like, well Google is my homepage, what you want me to do it. so i decide to put Slashdot.org as my homepage and use any RSS/ATOM on Sage (in Firefox)

I go straight to these forums as my homepage, firefox even logs me in as it starts up, use google on my laptop and at work. Just the regular google

Edited by robroy