Problems Getting Computer Started

When I turn on my computer to start it, The lights will flash on for about a second or two and you can hear the fans try and start then it just goes off. Then you have to restart it by pressing the restart button and it does it all again, I have tried everything I can think of but to no avail. Does it sound like the CPU or the motherboard. :(

Please help

open up the side panel and look in there. are the fans turning?

is there a green light on the mobo?

how old is this pc?

do you have a spare power supply you could substitute?

i would suspect a bad power supply first, but the mobo is tied for that first place too.

Yup, Power Supply is definately first guess, closely folowed by MB and other major things, but try resetting your BIOS to default settings as well.

Either remove the BIOS battery, or if you have reset jumpers, try that...and replace the BIOS battery while you're at it.

sounds like maybe your PSU is set to 230v. you need to set it to 115v in america. people at my school would mess with those switches in one of my classes and the lights would flash and the fans would flip and everything would turn off. flip that switch back to 115v and voila it worked fine.