Things Not Looking Good For My Grandfather.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

My parents told me he won't be around long. He's just too weak and doesn't want to eat. It was just supposed to be a short 1-2 week stay. It's been 5 weeks. He had some kinda tear in his intestine's from something he had in him from his cancer treatment about 1 1/2-2 years back. I pray he finds the will to start eating and get better.

I am so sorry to hear that he isn't eating and is so sick and weak.

I will be praying extra for him, for you, and your family; in addition to my usual prayers everyday for all the message board people and their families.

Hugs to you and your family. :wub:

It is so hard to see someone you love suffer. It makes a person feel so helpless when they wont or cant eat too. I have been through that many years ago with my Mom, so I know how it feels to not be able to even get them to eat.

Take care and keep us updated my friend.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Talk to him, get him to tell you stories of when he was young and growing up. If his time is indeed short, listen to his stories. You will find in the future, you will be really glad you did.

Honda Boy..let me tell you what my wife did. she used a tape recorder and got her dad to tell her all his stories from the good old days. I took the tapes and put the recordings on cd-rom. these wil be treasured forever. I know this doesn't help your situation now but it will be a soother in the future and your grandfather will love the talks with you. prayers are with you and your family.

My parents told me he won't be around long. He's just too weak and doesn't want to eat.  It was just supposed to be a short 1-2 week stay. It's been 5 weeks. He had some kinda tear in his intestine's from something he had in him from his cancer treatment about 1 1/2-2 years back. I pray he finds the will to start eating and get better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im sorry, i know how you most feel, i hope everything works out ok

It is a terrible thing to watch someone you love get weaker and weaker. I sincerely hope your Grandfather recovers. This must be a very stressful time for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Grandfather. Hang in there.

Hondaboy, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather. You are obviously very close. Remember that closeness and he will always be with you.

In the meantime, pressure your folks to have his TEETH checked!! I know, it sounds weird, but my Grandfather was in a similar situation, completely lost his appetite. My Mom pressured the doctors to get a dentist into the hospital, and sure enough, one of his three remaining teeth was absessed. Dentist pulled the tooth and he got his appetite back and lived a full, happy life for another 4 years.

Keep us posted and remember that he loves you always, no matter whether he is on Earth or Beyond.

Love,

Liz

My parents told me he won't be around long. He's just too weak and doesn't want to eat.  It was just supposed to be a short 1-2 week stay. It's been 5 weeks. He had some kinda tear in his intestine's from something he had in him from his cancer treatment about 1 1/2-2 years back. I pray he finds the will to start eating and get better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a good idea what you are going through. my grandfather passed away the first friday of june.

he had been in the nursing home for a year and a half. he had some strokes.

i was able to see him on the wed before he went.

thing to do is spend as much time as you can with him. listen, and also never forget to say you love him. i know that if he does go, it will be very hard for you.

i still miss mine.

i wish all the luck in the world for him to get better.

and always kep your chin up.

best wishes from

cherokeechief.

Hi Honda_Boy and sorry for you and yours

"He's just too weak and doesn't want to eat"

What worked for my mom even on her death bed (67 y/o) was the

Love of my Chinese cooking

Can you find his favorite meal ???

Or the drink Ensure (sic?) ??? also helped

The experience will only make you stonger in what life deals you

Marsh

actaully he does drink a Boost at every meal. Similiar to ensure. I think as long as he drinks these it will extend his life a little.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hang in there, Honda_Boy!

Be with your Grandfather, cherish him. Make sure you get some rest yourself, don't get too run down.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

hi hondo boy

sorry i havent posted to your thread

ive a few hitches

i saw your post but am only able to get to it now

my sympathys.

to you and you family

i to hope your grand dad gets well

we had one of the other members who lost a father

earlier in the year .

tell your grand dad i wish him all the best from some one 12 .000

miles away.