The Hemlock Club

Hello!

This is the place to talk about all the pain, stupitdity, hatred, and other negative things that we have to deal with.

My own story is that I've been living in pain 24 hours a day because of a back injury.

It's been going on for a year and a half.

The past two weeks has been very difficult..

I take all the drugs and go to all the doctors and chiropractors.

They help for a day at best.

I think the hardest thing about this is that I want to do certain projects but I can't.

I haven't been able to work in 2 months.

My S.O. is in France for two weeks.

I was planning on surprising her by completing some projects around the house.

But I wake up, and after an hour, hobble to the kitchen around 1PM. The drugs that I have to take just to sleep cause a lot of problems.

I've been thinking about the Hemlock cure.

What are your thoughts?

Post here all your life problems and joys.

Joe

What are your thoughts?

Life is always worth living. I too have a lot of debilitating pain. All I can say is find a good pain doctor, know that the people around you love you, and realise that everyday is a new and unique wonder.

"yesterday's gone, and tomorrow don't count"

What are your thoughts?

Life is always worth living. I too have a lot of debilitating pain. All I can say is find a good pain doctor, know that the people around you love you, and realise that everyday is a new and unique wonder.

"yesterday's gone, and tomorrow don't count"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey BDog!

Thanks for the reply.

I agree, although sometimes I'm not too sure lately.

I'm going to start a new regimen of physical therapy this week.

The pain docs just want to try out their new meds on me.

I've tried most of them already. They deplete both my brain and my wallet.

The only thing worse than being in pain 24 hours a day, is being in pain 24 hours a day without any money.

I'm trying to avoid the latter.

Thanks for the message.

Joe

I'm sorry to hear this Joe. What part keeps you in pain? Middle or lower back?

I don't know myself, but my wife also has a bad back. Not constant. But when it goes out I have a good idea what it must be like. I know sometimes she wants the same thing.

Not sure, probably real expensive. But I seen on Discovery Health how they can do a simple??? brain surgery where they ....kill a part of the brain that deals with pain sensory. The subject is wide awake the whole time so they get the exact spot.

I know you have tried. But 20 min of ice followed by 20 min of heat (a couple of times) applied helps my wife. Along with allot of massaging around the area.

I'm sorry to hear this Joe. What part keeps you in pain? Middle or lower back?

I don't know myself, but my wife also has a bad back. Not constant. But when it goes out I have a good idea what it must be like. I know sometimes she wants the same thing.

Not sure, probably real expensive. But I seen on Discovery Health how they can do a simple??? brain surgery where they ....kill a part of the brain that deals with pain sensory. The subject is wide awake the whole time so they get the exact spot.

I know you have tried. But 20 min of ice followed by 20 min of heat (a couple of times) applied helps my wife. Along with allot of massaging around the area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks JSKY.

I do the ice and heat routine a few times every day. It helps for an hour or so.

Not sure if I'm ready for brain surgery yet. Could I wear my Yankee hats after it? B)

I'm going for a message tomorrow and the chiro on Friday.

Setting up PT sometimes this week also.

I walk between 4-5 miles a night. That seems to lossen me up temporarily.

I also just bought a Bally's gym membership from some one on Ebay.

I have to start that too.

The trick is to force yourself to get out and move. Usually the pain just wants to make me sit on the couch and whine.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

The best therapy I found after fracturing a couple of lumbar vertebra and severely tearing the right side lumbar muscle was walking. The Motrin, Darvocet and Percocet did nothing. I lived with the pain for about three years. The worse pain was from the pinching of the Sciatic nerve due to the swelling created by the injury. I couldn't lay down, sit up or stand up with out that damn excruciating pain bringing tears to my eyes. You will need to retrain your back muscles slowly. Sleeping on your side on a frim mattress with legs drawn up (fetal position) will help over time.

Have you considered Neurostimulation (Pain Pacemaker)?

Bad Exercises That Harm Your Back and Good Ones To Do Instead

*hugs to Joe* Please leave the Hemlock in the forest!!!! I know back injuries can be awful and I'm lucky enough to have avoided one, but just to let you know, pain or not, your family needs you, your friends need you, your SO needs you and we need you. So keep working on healing and get better. It sounds like you're being proactive on a cure, you will find one!!!

Love,

Liz

Try Yoga.

It takes a few months for it to get better.

If that doesn't work try an ounce of pure herion all at once.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is an awesome idea...if any of you have had tried it...you'll know what I mean, I hope...but it not only relieves some of the knots and dings in the body, but relaxes the mind, (not that centering BS) allowing you to let go of worries and stress giving you those knots and drags!