he team some thing really strange happened to me to night.

i was reading the suggestions board and when i started to scroll down the thread all of a sudden the scroll went mad and started to roll up and down .when i tried to scroll up the board it rolled back to the bottom .i had just scanned with my virus scanner and it found nothing .to stop it i shut my machine down and it is ok now

either i have a ghost in there or a gremlin.has this happened to any one else.

im just going to scan with house call to make doubly sure and scan with my spyware scanner.so i will get back later

marty

hey B how do i edit my heading .thats twice ive done it and havent been able to go back and edit them

LM

Hi Marty, Strange problem you have there. I've got a few suggestions for you.

1) Some mice have you install their software in order for them to work properly. If this is the case for you, may I suggest checking the manufacturer's website to make sure your software is the most up to date?

2) Scan for spyware. Here are the programs I suggest:

Ad-Aware SE

Spybot S&D V. 1.3

Spy Sweeper

3) Try some online antivirus scanners such as the ones listed here.

4) Check that you have all windows updates

5) Report back and let us know how things are. ;)

hey Marty, this happened to me a couple of years ago after I downloaded a pop-up blocking program. Everytime I used the scroll wheel the scrolling would go up and down uncontrollably. It didn't happen when I used the up and down arrows. I just got rid of the pop-up blocker and the problem ended.

Bryan

hey Marty, this happened to me a couple of years ago after I downloaded a pop-up blocking program. Everytime I used the scroll wheel the scrolling would go up and down uncontrollably. It didn't happen when I used the up and down arrows. I just got rid of the pop-up blocker and the problem ended.

Bryan

you could be right i just reinstalled CCleaner

and tho it is a good program it may be the culprit

i havent heard of any having a problem like this before.

i have a a genuis optical mouse ive been to the device manager and checked the driver it may not happen again

a line was going backward and forward in the address bar.i couldnt even use ctrl alt and delete.which wouldnt work.so i had to turn the power switch at the back of the compt.it had me worried .

but when i restarted all was well strang things these compts

marty

I've had the same thing occour when i hit the scroll wheel while moving the optical mouse up/down on the screen... try pushing the wheel in... NOT scrolling. That should stop it. Oh BTW, do you get a circle with up/down arrows inside instead of the cursor when that happens?

I understand the concerns everyone has with CCLEANER, but I must say that I've had ir and ran it for several months and had absolutely no problems with it. I did finally get rid of it cause I was referred to a program that cleans out everything CCleaner does and more. This one even has a plugin that cleans out your prefetch folder. Been using it for about 3 months now, and I'm overly pleased with it.

Disk Cleaner (Thanks to Sultan for showing me this one.)

hi team thanks you for posting.not sure what happened but it hasent occured again.a forind said it happened to her.apperently she was pressing the back button

and didnt wait for it to go back and pressed the button over the top of the the first press and thats when it happened .i cant remember if i did this or not.

how ever all is well whith me now so i wiull let well alone .

HI MARSH

back to CCleaner.ive been using it for several weeks now and i find it quite handy.foe getting extentions.al though the new version of Adaware does that now with the new plugin.when i posted about CCleaner it may not have been the trouble.i was highlighting what may have been the cause of these gremlins in my sys.

take care all

and thanks

marty