I Have 1,000,000,000 To Spend, What Should I Do

ok here's the deal. you have 1 billion dollars to spend and you have to spend it in a month or at least you have write checks totaling for that amount in a month. you can't give it away or spend more than a 10 million on family or friends, or over pay for anything. what ohh what shall you do with all that money? lets see just how clever you can be. :D

Okay after buying all of the technology stuff that I could ever want (totalling 50,000) I would host an Octoberfest for all of the people in my country (totalling 100,000,000), lots of hangovers). The rest I would spend on research into AIDS and cancer.

come on hitest you can do better than that. if we gona dream let dream big. and btw i'd be spending alot more that the 50,000 on the new home computer alone. can you say big rack of fully fully loaded G5 Towers. :D :D :D or a single MAGGIE system.

you know what, i've always wanted to own my own Volcano Cave Evil Fortress.

Id buy my dream car list, and build a house with a garage to house them. (which is about 300 different cars, some not on the market, some on the market).

Then id buy a boeing business jet, $315million

Then id have a custom yacht made $200millionb

Buy an apartment in manhatton $40million

Buy a mansion in bell air $30million

A flat in london $40million

A cray super computer.

Build a datacentre consisting of:-

Install oc-768.

Have a building with enough servers to use that internet connection.

Buy my house of my parents $2million (at market value)

Give my parents $10million.

Buy an apartment in galway city, $500,000.

A limo.

Hmm i think i might of gone over the billion dollars. Oh well

Pierce

I'm sure this goes against the intent of this exercise but I don't see any reason I couldn't spend the vast majority by writing checks to various investment banks & services, i.e., buy investment securities. C'mon, I'd be spending it, wouldn't I? :rolleyes:

Assuming that doesn't count, I'd buy property.

Or combine the two ideas and buy shares in a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).

... After, of course, writing checks to local builders to upgrade my home, checks to local stores for up-to-the-minute technology toys, and checks to a near-local auto dealer (only a Hyundai dealer in town so far) for what I really, really want (one of everything Chrysler makes). :thumbsup:

come on hitest you can do better than that. if we gona dream let dream big. and btw i'd be spending alot more that the 50,000 on the new home computer alone. can you say big rack of fully fully loaded G5 Towers. :D :D :D or a single MAGGIE system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, you're right! I could use a better computer. I'd like to have a plasma monitor, keyboard, mouse hooked up to a beowulf cluster consisting of IBM's Deep Blue, and another 1000 nodes, each node being a Cray computer hard wired into a 100 GB/sec T3 connection. That'd probably be most of the cash right there, heh-heh.

I'd be able to download my e-mail at light speed. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, you're right! I could use a better computer. I'd like to have a plasma monitor, keyboard, mouse hooked up to a beowulf cluster consisting of IBM's Deep Blue, and another 1000 nodes, each node being a Cray computer hard wired into a 100 GB/sec T3 connection. That'd probably be most of the cash right there, heh-heh.

I'd be able to download my e-mail at light speed. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you say network game party. :) after all if you can't enjoy blasting your friends then what's the point. :D

ok here's the deal. you have 1 billion dollars to spend and you have to spend it in a month or at least you have write checks totaling for that amount in a month. you can't give it away or spend more than a 10 million on family or friends, or over pay for anything. what ohh what shall you do with all that money? lets see just how clever you can be. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious?

That's easy!

Do as George does.

Give it to your friends at halliburton, and then invade a soveriengn nation.

After the money runs out in a month, bankrupt

the future of the country and your children by borrowing another 52 billion.

Then when minor annoyances like catergory 5 hurricanes come up, pretend you didn't know about them.

Edited by irregularjoe
Are you serious?

That's easy!

Do as George does.

Then when minor annoyances like catergory 5 hurricanes come up, pretend you didn't know about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets not go down this road again, it only leads to anger and bad feelings on both sides. If you want to rant politics, there are always PMs.

What I would do:

1) Adopt all of the unwanted children in America. Hire full time caretaker/foster parents, max 4 children per caretaker. Educate them.

2) Fund a private space program. Set up a colony on the Moon as a stepping stone to Mars.

3) Jump start the Hydrogen economy by building 50 Hydrogen fueling stations a month and one nuclear power plants to create the hydrogen.

4) Quit and sleep late.

Edited by Brian_Holiday

I would by my own Moon and have it transported right here next to Earth's Moon...have my facilities built upon it and then oversee the plans for earth and its ruture...of course, I would also have to make sure that Hawaiian Tropic Girls and the Girls of Maxium have their places on my moon...then i would need a Wendy's, Hooters, and ABC Liquor built there as well...(or can deliver in 30 minutes of less)...More than enough money has gone into this project, what every may be left over...I would ensure that I would never run out of air...LOL...(I guess i went a little too far on the selfishness part, but its just a dream)...

Edited by Vile_DR
Are you serious?

That's easy!

Do as George does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets not go down this road again, it only leads to anger and bad feelings on both sides. If you want to rant politics, there are always PMs.

What I would do:

1) Adopt all of the unwanted children in America. Hire full time caretaker/foster parents, max 4 children per caretaker. Educate them.

2) Fund a private space program. Set up a colony on the Moon as a stepping stone to Mars.

3) Jump start the Hydrogen economy by building 50 Hydrogen fueling stations a month and one nuclear power plants to create the hydrogen.

4) Quit and sleep late.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like it!

here's another idea, i would buy bill gates left foot. because that's all i could afford with only a billion dollars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll take my 'buy property' idea, merge it with your 'buy Bill Gates' idea, and with that amount of money I'd be able to buy the walk-in closet of the tenth bedroom in Bill Gates' estate! (Probably bigger than my place anyway ...)
here's another idea, i would buy bill gates left foot. because that's all i could afford with only a billion dollars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll take my 'buy property' idea, merge it with your 'buy Bill Gates' idea, and with that amount of money I'd be able to buy the walk-in closet of the tenth bedroom in Bill Gates' estate! (Probably bigger than my place anyway ...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's probably true :blink:-_-<_< we're only mad at him mostly cause we're jealous of his massive fortune but .....

what's sad is that i've learned that money can't buy happiness from experience so for all the wanting of his money he could very well be an unhappy man. he isn't!! but if he didn't have his family he could've been. you'd be surprised at how much extra trouble and loneliness lots of money can bring. well at least i don't have to worry about that happening to me again. i'm pour again, yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :thumbsup:

... i've learned that money can't buy happiness ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But at least I have my health ... Oh ... wait ... :(

Money buys a better class of health care! :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ain't it the truth..."They" (they as if i knew who they were) just jacked up my insurance rate because I changed tax brackets...WTF is the deal with that...when did insurance become a factor with income.{end mini rant}

... when did insurance become a factor with income. ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's it! I would "buy" myself some politicians to get some consumer protection laws passed that had some teeth in them.

Insurance companies would no longer be allowed to use ANY criteria they can dream up to assess risk. "People with red shirts make more claims than people with white shirts, let's jack up their rates!" It has become obscene.

Credit card companies, same thing. "People who brush their teeth with paste toothpaste default more often than people who brush their teeth with gel toothpaste, let's jack up their rates!" Again, obscene. :angry2:

Banks? No more "fees." Make your profits by investing your deposits. If you don't know how to do that then you don't deserve to be in the banking business!

I'm just gettin' started ... :lol: