it don't take much. remove the panel covering the side of the drive then unscrew the screws if needed then unhook the cables and yank her right on out. i have an old eMachine eMonster 600 and it is real easy to remove the drives.

as Honda_Boy has stated it is no different on a emachine than any other PC. Gain access to the box, unscrew the drive you want to remove, disconnect the ribbon cable (note how it goes in), disconnect the power cable (again note how it goe back together the rule of thumb is the Red wire faces the red stripe on the ribbon cable). then pull it free from the front. In some cases you must remove the front bezel plate but it just snaps off and on.

Preston

ahh scuse me didn't know that. it wasn't too hard for me to remove the hard drive and floppy from a coupla old IBM laptops so i don't suppose this will all that hard but to be honest i have almost no experience with hardware in newer laptops. both these laptops were old 486's one with OS/2 Warp and the other with originally Windows 3.1 Upgraded to 95. :P

ahh scuse me didn't know that. it wasn't too hard for me to remove the hard drive and floppy from a coupla old IBM laptops so i don't suppose this will all that hard but to be honest i have almost no experience with hardware in newer laptops. both these laptops were old 486's one with OS/2 Warp and the other with originally Windows 3.1 Upgraded to 95. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank for the manual, all help is great. i have built 2 desk top machines so far. not too hard to do now days. :thumbsup: laptops are a challenge to work on thuogh.

Edited by pigmelt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank for the manual, all help is great. i have built 2 desk top machines so far. not too hard to do now days. :thumbsup: laptops are a challenge to work on thuogh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks everyone for the help. turns out all i had to do is take the 2 screws out of the bottom of the case close to the drive then pull it out. again thanks for the help. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it don't take much. remove the panel covering the side of the drive then unscrew the screws if needed
...from your first answer.

To me that seems to indicate you thought it was a desktop, not a laptop. Thats all I was saying.

Its not hard at all to replace things on newer laptops, thats why they are modular by design. Beats the hell out of the old one where you had to pry up the keyboards and loosen the screen to do just about anything. :)