I can't delete the program in windows for some reason.It occured to me to reboot an attempt to do so..in safe-mode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that may work just fine :-)

your question was about not being able to use the search feature in safemode. So I suggested searching first in regular mode, to find it. Then with the information of its location, then delete in safemode.

Can you access the Command Prompt in Safe Mode? If so, here's a quick and dirty way to do a file search.

-Click on Start, select Run, and enter cmd to open a Command Prompt window

-At the Command Prompt, type the following and then press ENTER: X: - Replace "X" with whatever drive letter the file is located on (For example, if it's on drive F, enter F:).

-After switching to the proper drive, type cd \ and press ENTER

-Enter the following command: dir FILENAME /a /s - Replace "FILENAME" with the name of the file you are looking for (For example, if you're searching for a file called Birthday.jpg, enter dir Birthday.jpg /a /s).

-If you do not know the exact name of the file, but you do know part of the name, then you can use wildcards (For example, to search for MP3 files with names that begin with the phrase "Jam", enter dir Jam*.mp3 /a /s).

Let it scan through the drive. If it finds it, it'll list the folder where it can be found. Just go to that folder in Windows, then delete away.

• 3 months later...