Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
shanenin

Coding Releases Endorphins

writing code seems to release endorphins. I seem to feel good when writing it. It seems to be somewhat a biochemical reaction. When writing code I feel mentally satisfied.

I thought maybe you other coders feel the same way :-)

Nah, it's just trace amounts of adrenaline being produced from a residual and suppressed version of the "fight or flight" mechanism. What your body is really telling you is "run."

-uberpenguin

Nah, it's just trace amounts of adrenaline being produced from a residual and suppressed version of the "fight or flight" mechanism.  What your body is really telling you is "run."

-uberpenguin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that just backs up my theory. I think adreneline causes a release of endorphins. I noticed when you inject a large quantiy(300 - 500 miligrams) of methamphetamine. You would get an intense relaxed and euphoric feeling, almost sleepy(this was just temporary). methamphetamine casues a mass release of adrenaline, which the body then releases endorphins(my gut feeling) to counter the effects of the adrenaline.

In a normal flight of fight response your body needs to kill all pain, so you are able to run or fight, so it releases the best pain killer around, endorphins :-)