hi ghorjus

check your monitor v card and make sure they are secure

this happened to me i couldnt get a screen.

so i checked the cables and found a small pin on the video card end was slighlty bent and wasnt making a proper connection so i straightened it and reconnected and i got a screen .if this is the trouble make sure you are careful

those wee pins are brittle and break easly.i used a tiny tube.and straightened it that way but be careful

good luck

marty

as i suspected it was a RAM problem.

i got it fixed now.

one of my 128MB stick was busted.

i got a new question though...

what are those things that cause a RAM to be damaged?

also,i got two slots for RAM,if i am to use just a single stick,should it be positioned at a specific slot (like if there is a number 1 slot)?

i had to do a trial and error on both sticks to figure out which one is busted.then i had to do a trial and error on which slot they should be.

thanks!

Normally if you only have 1 stick you should put it in the first slot (nearest the processor)

Saves fraction of a second each time. Things that can destroy mem sticks include static and power surges, dust and heat

JD

as i suspected it was a RAM problem.

i got it fixed now.

one of my 128MB stick was busted.

i got a new question though...

what are those things that cause a RAM to be damaged?

also,i got two slots for RAM,if i am to use just a single stick,should it be positioned at a specific slot (like if there is a number 1 slot)?

i had to do a trial and error on both sticks to figure out which one is busted.then i had to do a trial and error on which slot they should be.

thanks!

I've had cheap RAM just fail on me for no good reason. Yes, RAM can fail. Once I put a good stick back into the unit it worked fine.

yes ram can be the cause.one bad stick can send the others over the hill as well.

not sure if the make is any different i had a 100 and a 133 in the slots.

and friends said it wouldnt work at the time i wasn experienced enough to know better.however i put them in and they worked fine still got them in a p2

and ile keep them there .sorry they are both 128mgs

so what workds for some may not work for others

good luck ghorjus.

marty