Help Plzzz Lol I Got Problems

Hello-

I am running a Custom built w/WinXP, hard drive is pritty old and i think its going bad. the whole system freezes to where Cont/Alt/Del won't respond. I did get into Task Manager once and it shows performance CPU Useage is 100%, MEM Usage is 26% with no applications running.

Thanks!

could it be the hdd or bad cpu

my gut says that is a software problem, either the OS or misbehaving application. I would test it by running knoppix, if that runs without those problems, that would at least rule out a hardware problem. just use the 'top' command from the terminal, it will show memory and cpu usage.

Okay yeah but i have reinstalled windows 3 times on the same drive and it keeps happeing i have been completely Whiiping the drive.... how would i check for mal ware

Iam not computer stupid i built the pc the procceseor runs fine and never over heats and if it was to mess up the system would shut down thats why i am thinking its the hdd

MY HJT LOG

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 3:45:04 PM, on 9/20/2005

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sstray.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe

C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe

C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

O2 - BHO: FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - {E5A1691B-D188-4419-AD02-90002030B8EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashFXP\IEFlash.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nForce Tray Options] sstray.exe /r

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stormCodec_Helper] "C:\Program Files\Ringz Studio\Storm Codec\StormSet.exe" /S /opti

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll

O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe

O9 - Extra button: IE HTTP Analyzer - {C7B3DF1E-6EFC-41E8-9DA7-EBC1F973832D} - C:\PROGRA~1\HTTPAN~1\IEHTTP~1.DLL

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE HTTP Analyzer - {C7B3DF1E-6EFC-41E8-9DA7-EBC1F973832D} - C:\PROGRA~1\HTTPAN~1\IEHTTP~1.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Ò×Ȥ¹ºÎï - {DE60714F-AC17-427e-861A-FD60CBDF119A} - http://click2.ad4all.net/url2/urlmanage/url.asp?id=1 (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Ò×Ȥ¹ºÎï - {DE60714F-AC17-427e-861A-FD60CBDF119A} - http://click2.ad4all.net/url2/urlmanage/url.asp?id=1 (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1125698666511

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)

do you have a copy of any live linux disk, like knoppix. That is a great tool to have.

edit added later//

looking at your hijack this log, you seem to have quite a few programs already installed. Do you get this problem just after installing winodws, before installing any of the extra stuff?

Edited by shanenin
kinda i got it this problem when i jsut installed windows nothing ealse no drivers no nothing.... also i have done a copy without sp2 and with sp2 same problem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a clean copy of the OS freezes it sure does indicate a hardware problem ... All I can say is to follow previous advice regarding temps and RAM. Perhaps I'd use the generic VGA driver to eliminate the video driver as a possible choke-point.
Okay yeah but i have reinstalled windows 3 times on the same drive and it keeps happeing i have been completely Whiiping the drive.... how would i check for mal ware

Iam not computer stupid i built the pc the procceseor runs fine and never over heats and if it was to mess up the system would shut down thats why i am thinking its the hdd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you say you installed it 3 times, was that a clean install where the drive was wiped clean by formatting? I always repartition and format to make certain of a good install. Is the drive making any noise. Does a chkdsk show any bad sectors? That 100 percent usage at least for me, has always meant a virus / malware problem. Do a clean install if you havn't and get all the updates before you load anything else. Then check the cpu usage. I would also try a memtest first before any of this just to see if your sticks pass all test.