What Do Ya'll Think?

I created it with gimp on The Cow Box in Linux.

sig.jpg

Original concept IamJacksAlias back from G$ days then Modified by Rhema7 then nearly completely redone by me about 5 or 6 times due to all the changes. The black and white background and the sidewinder pic were done by Rhema7 then i went in and put the pic of the gateway in (same case as the last comp in the sig back when i called it franky and it had an eMachine mobo in it, it has since gotten it's old board and parts back) and i also did the text and the drop shadowing on the text and i resized the pic to get rid of a lot of unused space. Hope ya'll like my amatuer pic. and yes i know the gateway pic was kind of crudely cut out put my hand is very unsteady.

*edit* whoops just noticed a mistake on it i'll have to fix. where the video card is it used to say 32MB Gateway GeForce2 MX200 i changed most of it but forgot to remove the gateway part. the mx400 is a Jaton not a gateway. and yes the mx200 was actually made by gateway believe it or not.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Looks great. As far as cutting out the Gateway, what graphics program do you use? Many have an automatic selection tool (in PaintShop Pro it's called a 'magic wand').

You just click on a portion of the picture that differs from what you want cut out and it automatically selects the part that differs. Say, in your case, the background is dark, the tool selects all the dark portions (or you click on the bright and it selects the bright). You can change the parameters for the selection, say "from THIS dark to THAT dark," or "from this hue to that," "this color to that," etc.

Once the majority of the selection has been made automatically it's a whole lot easier to fine tune it by hand.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was cruisin the boards and noticed this was still on the first page here. I'm updating this, I gotta make a whole new picture cause in my room I have a different computer. It's a Compaq Presario 6433US. It's got an Athlon XP 2600+ on a Mobo with a KM266 chip, 512MB PC2100 RAM, 80GB Hard drive, 16x DVD-ROM, 48x12x48x CD-RW, 17" Compaq Flat Screen CRT Monitor, JBL Speakers, Compaq Keyboard. I've Added a GeForce2 MX400 64MB DDR, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, from the Gateway and a Logitech MX 510 Mouse from the Sidewinder which the Sidewinder has a 518 now. Man I better get to reinstallin Linux and Gettin my new pic made.

like I said I'm dropping the what I now call Moo for the Compaq. the gateway is jsut collecting dust right now. I gotta take a picture of Compy and then get Gimp on it (install Linux) and Bust a Move. Don't know if that's happenin anytime soon. I kinda like my current sig. I wonder if anyone knows what the quote is from.

A fellow Queensrÿche fan, I love their music. All I have right now is Queensrÿche EP, Operation: Mindcrime, Empire, and Greatest Hits. The next one I wanna get is Rage for Order.