There is also a program called desk hide which can hide the icons on the desktop.

If that is not it, you can look through your programs to see if you can spot it. Right click on the program once you have located it. Select send to, then desktop(create shortcut) and then just drag and drop into QL. Hope it helped.

Pat

I hadn't said anything 'cause XP's still a mystery to me, I thought maybe "Minimize All" was a similar-but-not-the-same functon/command as "Show Desktop." If Show Desktop is in XP too you can do a file search for SHOW*.SCF, then click & drag that file (in '9x it's in the Windows\System folder, among other places that it may show up) to the QL bar (though I put mine in the Start Menu -- I don't like clutter!).

alright, well thanks for all your help everyone. I did a search like JDoors suggested only to realize the "Show the Desktop" icon had only been dragged out of the Quicklaunch Toolbar and onto the desktop and i just didn't notice. Thanks for all your help though.

• 2 weeks later...