Thanks Matt, Mlegg510 And Jsky

You're welcome :D

Actually was easy enough since I have several Word documents loaded with stuff like this (mainly for when I am on the road working so I don't have to waste much time searching when I need to fix something on a PC)

Mike

Hey all. Yes, many of you will recall this list from G4. Mlegg was able to hook me up with the BB code of the thread there. All I really had to do was edit (whew boy did I edit, lol) it to work with our forums. The idea for this thread came to me while prowling around JSKY's site, I noticed he had the list up, and I thought it would be a good addition for here. Anyway, enjoy the links. If you feel something should be changed, added, or removed; or you just find an error or a dead link, drop a Mod, Admin, or Windows Expert a PM, and they can assist in fixing that. Enjoy!

Matt

Sure is nice to have "the list" here!!! Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

One thing may need to be changed, as it is now a redirect by Microsoft to a new url. #20 Windows Updates?

I can't quite remember for sure, but wasn't the original list maybe by Pete C on TTV board? and transferred over to G$, then later updated and re-compiled by Jay Lechnyr? Foggy memory here on all that. But glad it is still around on G$, and now here.

One version is still up on Jay's site. Wasn't his screen name jdlech or something like that? Is he on board here, or anywhere anymore?

Jay's site

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Sure is nice to have "the list" here!!! Thanks everyone!  :thumbsup:

One thing may need to be changed, as it is now a redirect by Microsoft to a new url. #20 Windows Updates?

I can't quite remember for sure, but wasn't the original list maybe by Pete C on TTV board? and transferred over to G$, then later updated and re-compiled by Jay Lechnyr? Foggy memory here on all that. But glad it is still around on G$, and now here.

One version is still up on Jay's site. Wasn't his screen name jdlech or something like that? Is he on board here, or anywhere anymore?

Jay's site

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Pat:

I remember it when it was originally on TTV, and after the merger to G4, it was brought over there, by whom I don't remember. I think it was originally started by jdlech, wasn't it? It is the best list I have ever seen put together, and I'm glad we have it here now.

I delibrately started this thread so everyone would notice the list at the top. Things sometimes go un-noticed. Many thanks were in store for Matt, Mlegg510 and JSKY.

I also kept jdlech's web site address, in case I lost this list.

Barb B)

Yes, The original was posted on TTV by jdlech, On the last night of TTV, in the final hours, I copied it and placed it in it's orignal structure. Including links to jdlech's website.

It includes the original header.

"This is a consolidation of the "Best of the Best" links found on the CFH boards. There's been many contributors to this post and many of them have given these links out countless times. These links have proven themselves time and time again. It's our sincere hope that these links will solve your computer problem. And if you don't have any outstanding computer issues to address, then feel free to explore the fruit of our research. All of the software found here is free. There are upgrade versions available for many of them, and better programs available, but the software commonly recommended is free."

Sincerely: All the volunteers at the Call For Help Message Board.

And my own added header.

"I am dedicating this, to keep alive all the hard work the people of TTVs "Call For Help" have put into putting this together. As of May 28th, 2004. The Call For Help boards are no more. And so as not to lose this information. I am putting their hard work here."

The colors you will see on my site are the original colors that showed up when I placed it on my site (which surprised me). And I had asked permission of Jay prier to placing it there.

There might be a link or two that have changed, or need to be redirected. As I haven't changed a thing since placing it there. I am leaving it as it was on TTVs CFH.

I thank Matt for wanting to place it here, and also to Mlegg510 for helping Matt getting it to work. They deserve a big hand for the task.

JSKY:

I just went to your site to see "The Best Of The Best" by Jdlech when it was on TTV CFH board. I'm glad you had the foresight to preserve it. I remembered it being sectioned into different colors, which I thought was awesome. I appreciated the time and effort that was put into it.

BTW where is Jdlech? Does anyone ever hear from him?

I really like your site, and have bookmarked it. Very informative. I like the way it is set up. Easy to use. Good job.

Barb :thumbsup:

I am so glad to see "the list" now at Besttechie's. Thanks to all who made it possible. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Barb, thanks for starting this thread so we would know it was now available here.

I may not have seen it otherwise.

Thanks for the history of "the list", and I just peaked at your website JSKY, and added it to my favorites for hubby for XP system he uses at work. It was sure like a trip down memory lane to see the TTV CFH's precious "list". I am glad you saved it as it was!!!

Pat.

God bless everyone.