Table With Mouseovers

Ok, well my friend is a pretty good artist, and he wants me to make him a basic web page with his art on it, so he can show it to his family, which for the most part, lives on the other side of America.

So I don't want to make it really dull, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a table on the side of the page that contains mouseovers. My inspiration for this is found on the packers website (http://www.packers.com/)

I thought maybe I could just view the page source of the packers page, and figure it out myself, but I've had no luck at that :wacko:

If someone could just give me a basic outline on how to make a table with mouseovers, that is very similar to the one on the packers page, I would greatly appreciate it! And by the way, I'm using notepad....

Thanks,

Brett

P.S: If you have any other tips on making this site look semi interesting, I would love to hear them. Especially if you have a cool color scheme!

Edited by brett5150

Ok, I have another question that is a bit harder, but I think its best to keep it under one thread....

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a 'filmstrip' using html in notepad. What I mean by 'filmstrip' is basically the same thing Windows uses to view pictures under "My Pictures" (once in My Pictures, right click, go to View -> Filmstrip)

So what I would like is to have one big picture on top, then a bunch of little thumbnails under it, and when you click on a thumbnail, it becomes the bigger picture.

Don't know if this is possible, but I have yet to find anything on the web that even comes close to it.....

Thanks

Brett

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a 'filmstrip' using html in notepad. What I mean by 'filmstrip' is basically the same thing Windows uses to view pictures under "My Pictures" (once in My Pictures, right click, go to View -> Filmstrip)

It's certainly possible (it's all text after all) but I don't know how I'd do it off the top of my head. Maybe a table (boo!) with the current image in the top cell and an iframe (boo!) with the strip in the bottom cell.

No, sorry.... Not quiet what I'm looking for...

I think you're right Bubba Bob, in looking for sites that use this feature instead of tutorials on how to code it though....

If anyone comes across a page that looks similar the filmstrip Windows offers, please let me know!

Brett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you need to invest in a web editor. I use MS Frontpage. Infact, one of it's features is EXACTLY what your looking for.

Actually Bubba Bob, I do have frontpage on one of my computers, but I never really put any time into learning it :(

If you could just give me a brief summary on how to do this 'filmstip' type thing in frontpage, I could take the code from it and insert it into my notepad file.

Thanks a bunch, :)

Brett