Would My Motherboard Work With Duel Core.

Probably the pentium D thats intels only dual core chip right now in my opinion they seen AMD was making the X2 so intel put two weak pentium 4's on one chip.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMD already released teh dual core chip before Intel released the Pentium D.

if memory serves me, i think AMD is calling theirs the Opteron?

or i think that was the name they were going to use, but AMD released theirs on the market first.

boy, that was a first. :lol:

as for the original question, that mother board supports the Pentium 4,

that is not a dual core CPU.

so the answer to your question is no, it does not support the Pentium D.

Edited by cherokeechief
AMD already released teh dual core chip before Intel released the Pentium D.

if memory serves me, i think AMD is calling theirs the Opteron?

or i think that was the name they were going to use, but AMD released theirs on the market first.

boy, that was a first. :lol:

The Opterons are AMD's server line. They come in a variety of flavors, with some of the more recent ones (ie. Italy) being dual-core. AMD also sell a consumer line, the Athlon 64 X2, that is dual-core.

as for the original question, that mother board supports the Pentium 4,

that is not a dual core CPU.

so the answer to your question is no, it does not support the Pentium D.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, as far as I can tell that board has no Pentium D support.

• 11 months later...

The Asus P5ND2 and P5N32 also state just P4 as well, but the Motherboard.org site has successfully installed and run the X6800 on the boards without issue, so it seems the chipset may have support for the Intel Core 2 chips even tho it's not stated in their specs.

I'm not sure about the P5AD2 tho...so don't quote me on it, all I'm saying is that it may be possible I just haven't found anything about your specific board yet.

EDIT - Your chipset is the Intel 925XE Express ICH6R and does not support the Core2 chips it seems. The others I mentioned above use the nForce4 SLI chipset that seems to provide native support for all socket LGA775 chips including the new Core 2's.

I still wouldn't put it past your chipset to run a Core2 since it also states it supports all LGA775 chips...never know. I would email the MotherBoard.org testers and see if they have found this chipset to work with a Core2 chip.