Removal Nail.exe

Carefully out there. I was snooping around a came across a neat screen saver I just had to have. (I know, I know).

Anyway, it was a loaded gun with a hair trigger.

Infected myself with abetterinternet/nail.exe

Damn!!! took me all night to get it off my system. (one of those that renames itself)

All the normal channels didn't work, every time you would reboot....THEIR IT WAS!!!!

To get rid of it. (in case you have to give help on this one (it's nasty)).

go here and read and download the removal tool.

Nail.exe removal tool

then go here and copy and past this one for the next stage.

Nail.exe spyware fix

You have to reboot into safe mode to do all of this.

First clear out all your browser caches, clear out your windows cache(disk cleanup), turn off system restore.

Then run adaware, spybot s&d, then both ewindo and a2 squared. Then run adaware and spybot a second time. (trust me on this).

then clear out you prefetch files (again trust me on this one too).

Then run the downloaded removal tool. then check. if you find any trace of it. Do the second link and follow the instructions.

Then run a HJT and post it. (unless you know how to read your own).

And finish the last of the removal.

Then reboot into normal mode and run adaware to make sure.

What a refresher course last night turned out to be.... :(

Wow!! I really don't remember which one it was. I was going through so many ones. But the screensaver is "galactic explorer" Takes you on a trip to different galaxys.

I wandered about the site tho when I stopped on it. Kinda hit me as a chancy site.

But it is a smaller site with just a few screensavers listed on it. Showed up somewhere on like page 15 or so on a goggle search. But it wasn't a main site.

Reminds me of a program I had before the meltdown -- wasn't a screensaver but used actual photos of stellar objects and you could 'fly' where ever you wanted. It was cool to plot a course to, say, the moons of Jupiter, or an asteroid or comet, or do flybys of the planets or stars.

I will NOT be able to remember the name or where I got it, durn-it ... :blink: