Ok this may be a continuation of the last thread problems with BF2 but I have discovered something. Bf2 stopped working again and i had to end its process it was frozen up so bad. When i looked at my temps on speedfan I foudn that my temps werent going down. They were staying around 57. I opened up speedfan and saw that my CPU was at 100%. Something was still using it. I opened the task manager again and saw the same thing but when I looked at my processes there was nothing really there that was using my cpu to 100 except System Idle process. I ran spybot , Microsoft antispyware and hijak this but I cant find anything unusual. If you guys want ill post my if you need it.

My cpu is a AMD 3400+

VGA is Radeon 9800 PRO it runs at 55C while playing Bf2.

Added - Oh it went away after I restarted...Is this a problem with bf2 then?

Edited by Sir_Siddy

is BF2 your one and only prob. have you had any major issues out of other games. could be your video card over heating. check the temps on it if you can. used too back when i had a GeForce FX5700 Ultra and it was F'ed up it would overheat and the game would crash (i later fixed it with some artic silver and it never overheated again but my 6600GT has no probs at all). BF2 was the only game i really had probs with that cause it was the most demanding game i had.(swat4 despite having lower requirements is also real demanding i bought it after i had the 6600gt though)

*Edit* guess i shouda posted this in your BF2 thread but whatever

Edited by Honda_Boy

Visit www.pcpitstop.com run full test.. it will list everything that is running on your computer and will categorize them in suspicious,not needed ext... it will also tell you how to make your system run better. no need to buy any of the programs it offers you to buy just do allot of reading and it will show tell you everything you need to know in order to do it manually.

The programs offered for sell are just an easier way to do it but all the information is provided for doing it manually as well

Ok this may be a continuation of the last thread problems with BF2 but I have discovered something. Bf2 stopped working again and i had to end its process it was frozen up so bad. When i looked at my temps on speedfan I foudn that my temps werent going down. They were staying around 57. I opened up speedfan and saw that my CPU was at 100%. Something was still using it. I opened the task manager again and saw the same thing but when I looked at my processes there was nothing really there that was using my cpu to 100 except System Idle process. I ran spybot , Microsoft antispyware and hijak this but I cant find anything unusual. If you guys want ill post my if you need it.

My cpu is a AMD 3400+

Added - Oh it went away after I restarted...Is this a problem with bf2  then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a shot in the dark, but how long have you been using the Microsoft anti spyware program? I don't know if it is still beta or not but when I tried it I had a cpu usage problem where it shot up to 100 % almost all the time. I didn't have the problem before I installed it. I was just checking it out. I also showed nothing in all the other scans. I tried uninstalling it but that didn't work either. Maybe you would have better luck. I just round up formatting and reinstalling everything the way it was before the beta program and all was fine. This may not be your problem but it sounds very simlar as far as cpu usage is concerned. My hijack this log showed nothing out of the ordinary either. And obviuosly not all have had this problem. Just something to consider.

This is a shot in the dark, but how long have you been using the Microsoft anti spyware program? ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if it doesn't apply to this particular problem I agree it's important to remember -- active anti-spyware scanning takes a lot of power.

On my older system it practically grinds to a halt, I have to turn off active scanning.

My cpu is a AMD 3400+

Added - Oh it went away after I restarted...Is this a problem with bf2  then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check performance in task manger and in administrative tools under performance to see if it backs up your CPU %