Remembering 9-11-01

remembering those pictures of the tower & other terrorist acts is still awful to see !

may god watch over us & pray it will never happen again !!!!!

please take a moment in silence for those we have lost !!!

Ill never forget that day, i think it was 1:20pm Irish summer time, it was the day i had my first shave, and it was just after a nice relaxing hot bath. I was sitting on the sofa putting on my big sport socks, and then the oprah winfrey show was interupted by a news report. Something that never happens here.

"Were sorry to interupt your tv program, but a plane has just crashed into one of the twin towers"

As it was showing the picture of one of the towers another plane flew into the second. It cut back to the news and the camera shudded.

"A second plane has just hit the second tower"

My mother shouted from the other room, asking me if this was a disaster senario movie, or was it real life tv. I shouted it was real life, and she stormed into the sitting room. We sat in the sitting room for the next several hours, watching the news on every news channel we had, it was surreal watching as the first and second towers came down, it didnt feel real but you knew it was happening.

I still ponder that day, emotionaly and scientificaly and it still doesnt make sence to me.

Pierce

*the edit was to correct spelling on Oprah

Edited by Pierce

Thank You for the link flatiron__2

No I have not forgotten, Nor will I.

Those were my brothers and sisters. And it was a part of my vast yard I call home.

And when this awfull thing happened. A part of me was hurt, that can never be healed.

Forgotten....Never.

To those who will never be forgotten. My prayers, and my thanks.

My heart still breaks when I think of that terrible tragedy.

I still 'see' in my minds eye those brave dedicated firemen going into that building as it was collapsing.... weeping still.

I hope and pray it never happens again, not here, not anywhere!!!

We need to be ever vigilant, ever ready to defend our country no matter where the attack comes from, or in what manner it comes, or from whom it comes. And to always pray daily for our country and it's people.

Thank You for the thread, and the link flatiron.

Pat.

God bless America.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

I can never forget it. My hubby and I were on the PA Turnpike just a few miles from where Flight 93 went down. If we had just been loaded a little sooner or later....

I pray that we never have to experience anything like that again anywhere in the world. And all because some 'nut' thinks he can get rid of all of us.