We're Being Watched

does anyone ever get a little freaked out by the fact of how many people are reading your posts. besides the fact that there are lots of members here that only read your posts. then there are the hundreds of lurkers. :blink::unsure: when i left Leoville i got several emails from people i didn't even know. i left one of emails sitting around.

makes me wander just how many people are digital stalkers. not dangerous but they like reading your comments and follow you from forum to forum. ahhhhhhhh!! :huh: i'm being followed

They could track your IP and get you in your sleep!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh run to the other forurm while you have the chance!!

That could realy happen, If they were any good at being a hacker.

Come get me stalker, dont hide, come here and fight like the Digital B!TCH your are!!!

i don't mean that they find you in person but i have had lurkers that lurked at Leoville when i was there. i even got a few emails telling me that they liked my jokes and then after i left they lurk here now too. but just in case my old personal forum (now just for storage since everyone come here instead) may be used for hiding.

i don't mean that they find you in person but i have had lurkers that lurked at Leoville when i was there. i even got a few emails telling me that they liked my jokes and then after i left they lurk here now too. but just in case my old personal forum (now just for storage since everyone come here instead) may be used for hiding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dlrkhy.gif

Ok, all of you people that are watching us and reading our posts withought saying anything in reply at all, this is the time to come out of the shadows! Revile your selves now, so we can all come together and be friends. Thoses of you that don't want to come out , me and MacMarder will get our 44s' and blast you out of the forums!!! :ph34r:

This is a revolution!!!!! :o

sorry, had too much caffine today.

Edited by ampshock

I'm always very careful about how much information I reveal on-line. I'll reveal the real deal to a few friends like macmarauder, but, I've learned that you can't be too careful.

ampshock, when people start joking about using firearms it makes me nervous;-) Maybe you should switch to decaf for a bit. Nice to meet you:-)

later,

nice to see some one come out and talk about such as hitst.

just kidding about the fire arms. haha all good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, I appreciate that! :D I kind of knew you were kidding, just checking my man! :D

A lot of people post here, including younger posters. I'm just working to keep this a place for everyone.

I wish I could do woodwork like you do. I'm happy you've decided to post here! :D

I used to use the g4 forums but I dont any more now since the people there are a little wild. I got my carefulness and percision from my dad and I realy dont think that I am all that great but I try to the best of my abilty.I want to be a computer engiener when I go to collage. Tomrrow I think that I will tell every one how I modded my xbox controller to work with my pc via usb, I dont know where to post such a tutorial, but I will find a place somewhere in the forums.

Can't say as I really think anything about it. Many people check out forums and are maybe afraid to join. I remember reading posts at TTV just to see if I could find someone with the same computer problem that I had at the time. I was abit leary on joining a forum for fear that I might not be able to explain my computer problem good enough. Well, when after a couple of months and not finding a solution I fearfully posted the problem I was having. And had it fixed. I've seen many people who have joined a forum after they've said that they were lurking for a while before doing so.

I used to use the g4 forums but I dont any more now since the people there are a little wild. I got my carefulness and percision from my dad and I realy dont think that I am all that great but I try to the best of my abilty.I want to be a computer engiener when I go to collage. Tomrrow I think that I will tell every one how I modded my xbox controller to work with my pc via usb, I dont know where to post such a tutorial, but I will find a place somewhere in the forums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey ampshock :D

I think you're very talented! :thumbsup:

I suggest that you could post your tutorial in the PC tips and trick section of this forum. Yes, the G4 forum has become a bit silly. BT is the place to be!

Can't say as I really think anything about it. Many people check out forums and are maybe afraid to join. I remember reading posts at TTV just to see if I could find someone with the same computer problem that I had at the time. I was abit leary on joining a forum for fear that I might not be able to explain my computer problem good enough. Well, when after a couple of months and not finding a solution I fearfully posted the problem I was having. And had it fixed. I've seen many people who have joined a forum after they've said that they were lurking for a while before doing so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RV, you just described me. I lurked at 4 different forums before joining here. This was the only forum that was nice to newcomers. Thank you all!!

Liz

I remember that in it's heyday they said that the old TTV boards got a million unique hits a month but only had 20-30 thousand members.

You can learn a lot and be entertained without saying anything.

There are members here who know me or know of me that never posted at TTV or Gwhore

Site traffic pays the bills.

Just don't lounge about in your knickers. :)

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"  Way to go, Jen!!!!

C4HFan, you went to Off Topic?!?!!  You are a brave soul.  I admire you.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea and those little troll kids are out in full force now

OT is kinda decent during school hours

ok lurkers the perimeter is being secured with a coupla .50 M2's and some .223 M249's. I've got my .30 M1 Garand and .45 M1918 Colt ready. Watch out. :ph34r:

Just wait till the M1A1 Abrahams and AH-64 Apaches get here. :thumbsup:

:P

Edited by Honda_Boy

Quoting Mac:

does anyone ever get a little freaked out by the fact of how many people are reading your posts.

Freaked out?...No, maybe a little surprised by the number of views but considering how many times this place is in google results...not really that surprising.

One thing I did find very surprising was that my little semi-public/personal site got a huge traffic spike from all the G4 hooplah last month and was wondering who the hell all these strangers were that were looking at my stuff. :blink:

and the higher traffic continues, so I guess I'll have to treat my site like someone actually goes there. :lol:

Quoting hitest:

I'm always very careful about how much information I reveal on-line.

For some reason, I don't really worry too much about that....Don't get me wrong, I'm not careless with my SS/credit card/bank account numbers but the "who" and "where" is out there.

In fact, anyone with an internet connection and half a brain could find my real name and location in under 1 minute and show up at my door, but I must say that an uninvited guest would probably be treated as good outlet for my pent up rage. :lol:

For some reason, I don't really worry too much about that....Don't get me wrong, I'm not careless with my SS/credit card/bank account numbers but the "who" and "where" is out there.

In fact, anyone with an internet connection and half a brain could find my real name and location in under 1 minute and show up at my door, but I must say that an uninvited guest would probably be treated as good outlet for my pent up rage.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, a determined freak would be able to find you if they wanted, granted. I'm also careful with my credit card number on-line. This forum and one other are the only places where I'll list my personal website.

eyeR.gifeyeR.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL....

macmarauder, Ever mad genius's have their followers. (or groupies). Let's just hope they don't get into your room and steal all your plans you have hid in there.

Liz....You a lurker????

Now I know who's been peeking out from under that rock over in the corner.