My Exclent Wood Work

This is my Wood work that I did over the summer. With only a Jig Saw WHOO!!!!

ebayonbox.jpg

I spent about 2 hours on the big one and 4 on the small one. The Small one needs some sanding.

ebayinhand.jpg

This is a side view of the biger one. One of my Prised possesions. see I staned the sides. I made it out of some left over hard wood flooring.

pcwithebayside.jpg

Here it sitting up aginst my rig.

pcwithebay.jpg

Here It is My MOST prised possions. THE MACHINE!!!!!

rig.jpg

And here is whats on the rest of the desk in my bedroom. Ignore the junky monitior My new LCD is coming, I have to use this for now.

bring on the Questions!!!

Edited by ampshock
I will be taking the drivers test online in a week. I need to get a learners permit.

Its made out of a hard wood called Pergo. Me and my dad put it into a house we were working on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice! Are you going to sell it on Ebay now? :lol:

BTW, Pergo is a laminate, not a hard wood.

I almost put it in my new kitchen as flooring, but changed my mind and used tile instead.

Keep up the good work!

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

No, This is my first wood working project that I have ever done.

When My dad got his new laser jigsaw I was impresed with it and started to play with it. Then while we were puting the pergo in there was left over pices of wood,I thought well there is somthing that I can play with, so I went out side and pick up a few pieces and started to test out my dads new jigsaw. While I was adjusting the laser on it I thought about making cutouts of shapes, so I just started to cut a circle althought it was not a perfict circle it turn out ok. Then when I went home I was looking at my ebay mouse pad and thought about cutting a ebay logo. Then I traced it out on a piece of paper and put it on my scanner and made a zoom scan of the trace out and cut out the trace of the ebay logo. Then the next day I used the ebay trace to trace it out on the piece of pergo. Then being very carefull and using the right amount of force to controlel the jigsaw I started to cut from the Y of the ebay trace to the E side. The first time It didnt turn out very good at all, then I showed my dad and he was impressed at the cutout but It still wasnt right. So I took another try at it grabing another piece of pergo and tracing it out, this time I used great cautution and started to cut. My dad was amazed at the work I have done. So I sanded and staned the sides. And here it is now. Then later I made a smaller version of it, I am thinking about making It into a key chain, but it still needs sanding and It is alittle jagged because the jigsaw blades can only be so small. And that is the story of how I made the ebay logo with pergo.

Now My Next Big Project Is to make a 5ft. long 3ft. wide one!!! :lol:

jk lol. That would be pretty cool!

hey nice wood working

junky monitor shoot dude i had an 8 year old 17 inch CTX on this thing for the first six months i had it. bout a month or 2 ago I bought a used black Dell M991 to replace it. That 8 year old CTX replaced an 8 year 17" Magitronic in my room which was supposed to be replaced by a 17" Sceptre X7 Iguana LCD but the dern thing don't work right. :angry2:

at least your cool system is in your room the 3 that are in my room are 5, 6, and 8 years old. (yes i have 3 in my room 8 year old one is in the closet) my 800mhz gateway's my main room PC and my 600mhz eMachine is my kick around comp in the corner. kinda wish my handy work went beyond computers. i usually mutilate things. I got a C in art. :P

good luck with the drivin test man. had my liscense fer a year and a half now. i got an 85 sunbird fastback i'll sell ya for $500 if ya want it.

Edited by Honda_Boy
kinda wish my handy work went beyond computers. i usually mutilate things. I got a C in art.  :P

good luck with the drivin test man. had my liscense fer a year and a half now. i got an 85 sunbird fastback i'll sell ya for $500 if ya want it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont get good grades in art ethier, C- grade :o .

Sorry your too far away to get the car, thanks anyway.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, Amp and Hondaboy!!!! Art is one of the classes that shouldn't even be graded, along with Phys Ed, Music and Typing! If you two got bad grades in Art, you probably had a bad teacher, and considering I almost went into Art Education, I apologise for your teacher's actions--everyone who shows interest and tries to learn the Arts should get an A ....unless you were....a wee bit naughty ;) . I'm blaming the teacher, though. Don't ever let a bad academic grade keep you from creating!!

Liz

Nice work on the ebay woodwork.

Now I bet you'll be getting all sorts of orders for signs from people. They also sell nicely at various Christmas bazaars and Saturday market sales etc in our area. Good way to earn some money with part time work, and have fun doing it.

You already have good ideas to do your templates, now you can just expand upon that for other things, or get jigsaw or other design books, or online anything you see that you want to use for a project design is but a copy to the printer away.

Don't let some art class, or any other class, grade determine what you can do. Just try doing things on your own, learning as you go, and expanding your horizons...say from wood to acrylic to metals etc.

Good luck too on the driver's test, and always drive safely for your sake and everyone else on the road.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

This is my Wood work that I did over the summer. With only a Jig Saw WHOO!!!!

Nice work, I had never considered using pergo for a project.

I just have one question:

What influenced your decision to make an ebay logo? Are you a superactive seller?

At your age I would have chosen an auto logo or a certain american motorcycle company.

BH

My mom sells alot of stuff on ebay, so I thought that it would be a good suprise. I am thinking about making more logos, signs, auto logo or what ever.

Mabey "FORD" logo or a Design.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be awesome.

Make some of those, and get a booth at a flea market or trade days and make money. THose things sell like crazy.

I bought something like that a few years back that said "ford parking only". It's proudly displayed in my drive way. (its metal though)

Edited by Bubba Bob