Ya See What's Going On Over At G4 Boards?

If you guys have been over to Tech Support at G4, you probably know this already but...seems that some trolls are trying to gather up troops to get Pete kicked off as moderator. There's a petition to sign to show Pete your support if you're interested.

That just might be the last straw for me as far as G4 is concerned. I'm just not interested in the direction TSS (the show) has taken and I'm almost afraid to ask a question over at the forums for fear of having someone call be a dumb something or another.

Thankfully, this is such a good site here and everyone is so nice and helpful. That's a BIG thank you to all of ya!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inihl8r has gotten some of the whiners to send complaints to the forum admins denouncing Pete_C. In fact they're even insulting him out in the open.

I've started a petition and have been waiting for BestTechie to say it's okay to post here. Right now I have 78 signatures.

I haven't been over there since we got back from vacation the other day.

Thanks for notifying us about what is going on over there. I will head over there and do what I can to support Pete.

I bet he is mad and hurt at anyone who would try to remove him after all his hard work to get a special board for the CFH tech board people, and then all his mod work to keep it from turning into a sewer like the rest of the G4 boards. In fact I am mad about it too. So will head over there to support him.

God bless everyone.

ya i was over there a few mins ago and saw that they are trying to kick pete c off...dont c why and the petition to keep him on has a LOT of people signed up (including myself of course)

Yeah, I heard about that. Pete_C is a good guy! I signed the petition of support to keep the trolls at bay.

I don't know why anyone would pick on Pete_C. I don't get it.

Tell me I bet you all are from G4! I bet everyone here (the original members )are from there aint ya? I here so much talk on this baord about g4! If you hate it so bad then dont talk about it lol! Unless your downing it. I would sign in just to help pete but pete is better off over here or another board from what ive hear!

Just my opinion ive never been on any of the g4 boards......

CGM3

It's not so much a matter of signing so that they won't kick him off....it's also a matter of how much he's done for all of us and those unappreciative losers over there....I'm signing that petition in Pete's Honor. He's done so much for me and those people....I can't believe (ok I can) that they would be so dumb.....ignorant.....thankless.....ok, I'll stop here before I get myself into trouble. :D

I really feel sorry for voting pete into the mod postition. I would like to see him as a regular here but I would not givee my nod for mod, for future problems. I also feel this board will be better in the crime/punishment area.

I have logged in @ G4 in support of Pete, if he throws in the towel I certianly support him with that.

Looking for the thread against Pete, anyone have a link?

M

My question is why would one not like Pete? He's done so much for people. I remember he spent over an hour just reading a HJT log for one person. Anyone willing to devote that much time for free doesn't deserve this kind of crap.

My question is why would one not like Pete? He's done so much for people. I remember he spent over an hour just reading a HJT log for one person. Anyone willing to devote that much time for free doesn't deserve that kind of crap.

There are a lot of seriously messed up people on the G4 boards. Some trolls like to hurt others just because they can.

Why indeed would anyone target Pete? He provides a lot of help for newcomers and advanced users alike. I've always been impressed with his level of knowledge.

If you guys have been over to Tech Support at G4, you probably know this already but...seems that some trolls are trying to gather up troops to get Pete kicked off as moderator.  There's a petition to sign to show Pete your support if you're interested.

That just might be the last straw for me as far as G4 is concerned.  I'm just not interested in the direction TSS (the show) has taken and I'm almost afraid to ask a question over at the forums for fear of having someone call be a dumb something or another. 

Thankfully, this is such a good site here and everyone is so nice and helpful.  That's a BIG thank you to all of ya!

I was just over there and saw the petition for Pete, and of course voiced my opinion and signed also.

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind wanting to get rid of Pete. He has done so much for a lot of people, including myself, devoting a lot of FREE time.

I hope G4 reconsiders and keeps Pete, and than Pete can leave on his own terms.

Since B opened up this board, I hardly ever go over there anymore. This is more friendly here. This has the family feeling TTV had, and I'm glad B opened this.

I use to get TTV newsletter, and just continued with G4, until I read a few of them. I then unsubscribed. Don't watch TSS or any G4 programming.

Barb :lol:

I remember he spent over an hour just reading a HJT log for one person. Anyone willing to devote that much time for free doesn't deserve this kind of crap.

Pete spends far more than an hour on the HJT logs. I remember one that he said he spent several hours on just one section of it and said he was so tired his eyes were blurry. And some of the logs take alot of research on other boards and conferring with other HJT experts, especially with new variants of the bad stuff that has evolved to be nearly hidden from detection by anyone. Some logs go on for days or weeks of back and forth work to clean it up. All along Pete is patient and helpful, as are the others that have trained to do those logs.

I think Pete and the others that do those logs are super detectives and so patient. Even when people go right out and get reinfected and come back for another round of cleanup. Personally I would not have the patience to deal with any of it, especially the repeaters that wont do anything to protect themselves.

As for Pete being a mod. I think he is fair, and does his best to keep boards cleaned up. I know he has said he wishes it didn't take so much of his time to do the mod stuff, as his heart is really for helping people with their tech questions.

I just wanted to clear it up about the amount of time spent on the logs. That is just from my reading and watching them, not any expertise on my part.

God bless everyone.

inihl8r has gotten some of the whiners to send complaints to the forum admins denouncing Pete_C. In fact they're even insulting him out in the open.

I've started a petition and have been waiting for BestTechie to say it's okay to post here. Right now I have 78 signatures.

I think you may want to get your facts straight there bud.

I haven't gotten anyone to do anything, nor am I the leader of some fantasized scheme you've talked yourself (and everyone else) into believing.

You all want to condemn someone, condemn the damn fool that started this BS because it sure the hell wasn't me.

Tell me I bet you all are from G4! I bet everyone here (the original members )are from there aint ya? I here so much talk on this baord about g4! If you hate it so bad then dont talk about it lol! Unless your downing it. I would sign in just to help pete but pete is better off over here or another board from what ive hear!

Just my opinion ive never been on any of the g4 boards......

CGM3

Ok, I can understand you don't know what we are talking about in regards to G4.

Were you ever on the TechTV boards?

That is where many of us came from. And some even before that. I can't recall the name of it Z something. Then it became TechTV. Then G4 bought it and it has changed alot. And not for the best.

The community, family type feeling, on this board is because most of us know each other from TechTV's "Ask for Windows Tips and Help" board which was the Call For Help tech help board. When the sale to G4 was imminent, Pete Covell, who was one of the main tech helpers on our old board and had become a mod with no teeth to really do anything on TTV, went over to G4 and as the mods were transferred over to learn the new mod ropes ( now with teeth), he fought behind the scenes to get a special tech board for all of us on old CFH board. Many of us were not going to transfer, if we had no place to be together. We didn't want to go to TSS board as it had and has it own community. So he got the Tech Support board on the condition he do the modding there and on SS board. He was told to let us get used to it for a couple of weeks, then he had to start being tough on us so we wouldn't lose the board. The reason he had to fight for the board, is that G4 had decided to not do Call For Help show anymore, and their boards were supposed to track all their shows. Anyhow there was alot of wrangling on his part, and if you think you hear alot of talk here about how bad G4 is, oh my! I can't even begin to explain how bad it was on TTV before the sale, and then on G4, after the board communities were combined. It was so bad there and on Leoville, and probably elsewhere too, that most of us probably don't even notice any talk of it here in comparison.

Suffice it to say, most of us were heartbroken to lose not only the TTV network, but the boards and community/family that were on them. It is like losing a real small town, or half the family (dysfunctional as it was at times, it was still family). Just. in this case, one that was strung all around the world. We don't even know where some of the people went. People scattered all over the internet looking for a board to call home. The closest I have come to that goal is this board that Beluga has set up to bring us back together. Thanks Beluga!!! Yes I am sort of stuck on the name you went by over on the old boards. Sorry about that. :rolleyes:

So I hope this explains things so you can understand us a little better. You see we are a family/community that has suffered and lost alot in the last six or seven months. The grief is pretty much under control, now it is just some residue anger and alot of nostalgia and feelings of loss. That is also one of the reasons we stick up for each other so much, and now Pete, our friend, is under attack and so we are mad at the G4 brats/trolls for attacking our Pete. Yes we would like him to be here, and he did sign up. But he has tried so hard to keep the family over there, so that is his dream. And we will back him in it until he decides to leave there.

I should also mention that when we were at other boards, we formed new connections of family/community. So that is why we have convinced some of those people to come over here. In other words, we want all our friends and family together.

God bless everyone.

To be honest I don't know Pete and I gave up on the G4 boards a long time ago. I still wish him the best though, sound like a kind helpful person. -_-

But there sure is a huge group of people there (with a leader BTW) that are there to do nothing but cause trouble for G4. THAT IS FACT!!! I don't know what they have to do with this or if they do at all but to all you guys who still go there please ohhh please including you inihl8r watch your backs.

I think you may want to get your facts straight there bud.

I haven't gotten anyone to do anything, nor am I the leader of some fantasized scheme you've talked yourself (and everyone else) into believing.

You all want to condemn someone, condemn the damn fool that started this BS because it sure the hell wasn't me.

Well that post of yours was a waste. Everyone can now see for themselves you did place complaints about Pete to the senior mods. It seems you also did this to CataclysmCow. tsk,tsk!

Stop trolls from removing Pete_C as mod. Signers wanted. <_<

BTW. Thanks to all of you for your support. We ended up with 136 signatures. The petition was PM'd to Chickytown at 12:30PM EST today.

Hi Everyone,

This post is for everyone. The Besttechie.net forums are not related to G4. We are totally separate. Please don't bring G4 matters or disagreements to this forum. This forum is not for fighting. Flaming will not be tolerated. Our purpose is to give and get computer/technology help. Posted arguments are not fair to the rest of the Besttechie Community. If it continues we will have to restrict forum access to those who violate our policies.

Thank You

B