Dell Smartstep 100d Drivers

I got this old dell smartstep 100d. I was hoping to find drivers on the dell sight. when ever I search for that computer I am refered to a phone number that gives me a recording that says I have to pay $25 to talk to someone. As for as I can telll drivers are not available(without paying a fee). Any help would be appreciated.

edit added later//

after some googling, it apears it may use the sames chipsets as the dimension 2100 line. I wonder if those drivers will work.

Edited by shanenin

another question. The computer originally got shipped with 98 se(according to the coa) It currently has xp on it. I am assuming the xp is an upgrage for the following reasons: all of the orignal software is on the computer, plus it was still formatted fat32. If I use the xp key that was pulled out using belarc adviser, will this only work with a xp upgrade cd? I only have an oem sp1 and an oem sp2 cd.

i guess I overthought the whole thing. Windows millenium edition found all of the drivers except the network card. Sound, video, and modem drivers all work. Unlike Xp I did not think windows 98(millenium) came with much for drivers already on the disk.

My yellow page add for my computer service company goes into the phone book in february, I still have a lot to learn :-)

I remember getting into the bios the first time by tapping f1 thru f4 during boot up. Now I am not able to geti into the bios, I have tried all of the button f1 thru f4, individulaly; none of them work. Any suggestions?

edit added later//

it is the delete key, I honestly belived using the f(something key) the first time.

Edited by shanenin
  • 2 weeks later...
another question. The computer originally got shipped with 98 se(according to the coa) It currently has xp on it. I am assuming the xp is an upgrage for the following reasons:  all of the orignal software is on the computer, plus it was still formatted fat32. If I use the xp key that was pulled out using belarc adviser, will this only work with a xp upgrade cd? I only have an oem sp1 and an oem sp2 cd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you find a place to order the restore disk(OEM sp 1,2,3)? If you did I would appreciate any info... I contacted Dell for these disk and the women laughed and said we never made anything called Smartstep... :blink:

Thanks,

Bearz