I have used the coolest program on my unix boxes for syncing up my two linux video servers. the program is called unison. It is desighned to keep a perfect replica on a seperate partition, directory, even on a off sight server using ssh. It can also use the samba(windows file sharing) protacol to keep a backup on an other computer connected on your home network. It is very flexible :-)

I decided to try the windows port, you have an option to using command line only. If you want to use the nice gui interface, you need to install gtk-2. Since I have a second harddrive in my windows box, I use that to back up all of the familys "my documents" directrorys. The cool thing is, even if you make a change to the property of a file, unison will detect it and update you replica for you.

here is a link to unison

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=4...AEr-CiAHhqpjXCg

here is a link to gtk-2. It is the one that the gimp uses. I am not sure if this differs from any other versions. It is the one I used

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-wi...up.zip?download

Sounds cool, but how does it differ from a RAID?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not real familar with RAID. This system is not for mirroring whole drives(it may work for that). It is more for mirroring directorys. It can mirror them anywhere: to a different directroy, different harddrive, a different local computer(using file shareing, or nfs). It can mirror your directory securley to an off sight computer using ssh. I am using it more like rsync, but it is differnt form rsync in the following way. Once you have two replicas, you can make changes to either one, then it will replicate the changes to the other.