Hey, i'm new here, been on Tech TV forums for years and was on G4 for a while too, but one of the things i like about the G4 forums is that i can change the color of the background and text and such. Is there such a capability on these forums? and if so, how may i use this? I like to make the background dark as it is easier on my eyes, especially later in the evening.

Thanks!

Welcome Kev!

I'm not too sure about your question though, we did have a different skin a while ago, but then changed to this one. Now i don't see a way to change it but that may just be the lack of sleep talking. I haven't had a need but i'm sure someone will point out how to do this if its possible.

Hello,

Might I say Welcome to the BestTechie forums! You have come to a wonderful place! :D About your question, as of right now, unfortunately, BT only has one default theme, the one you are currently viewing. But, we may get some in the near future. So, keep an eye out for them. One way to change the theme is at the bottom of the forum homepage. You will see a little drop down menu on the left that will allow you to pick and choose. Like I said, we currently don't have any alternatives installed, but we may in the near future.

Happy posting!

Matt

Welcome Kev!

I'm not too sure about your question though, we did have a different skin a while ago, but then changed to this one. Now i don't see a way to change it but that may just be the lack of sleep talking. I haven't had a need but i'm sure someone will point out how to do this if its possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thanks! Didnt know you were here, that's nice to know. These look like rather popular forums, so ill be looking around a lot before really posting much.

Hello,

Might I say Welcome to the BestTechie forums!  You have come to a wonderful place! :D  About your question, as of right now, unfortunately, BT only has one default theme, the one you are currently viewing.  But, we may get some in the near future.  So, keep an eye out for them.  One way to change the theme is at the bottom of the forum homepage.  You will see a little drop down menu on the left that will allow you to pick and choose.  Like I said, we currently don't have any alternatives installed, but we may in the near future.

Happy posting!

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay! ill keep an eye on that bar on the bottom left! Thanks a ton for your help! i promise to try to not be annoying new person, sorry if i already have been.

Thanks again!

Welcome to BT's, Kev!! The more you look around here, the more you'll find folks you know, there's a lot from G4 who come here for some sanity (there's a member list near the top of Main Forum Page if you want to look for someone in particular, too). So, look around, stop by the Cafe in Open Chat and the Comedy Club, too. Feel free to ask any questions you have, you won't be annoying :) that's how we all learn!

Heck, you're off to a better start than I was when I joined, you already know how to quote!!! :thumbsup:

Liz

Edited by blim

Welcome to the boards Kev,

Lots of TTV, and G4 refugees here, even some Leoville ones, and others too.

I am not sure since I haven't even started to figure it out after downloading it the other day, but I think you can skin the Opera browser, and that might help you with this site's background etc colors. You can also increase the size of everything real easy which I am thrilled about!!! So any Opera people have the definitive answer as to how to skin it for background and font colors???

No problem with asking questions here, we do it all the time in whatever thread or section we land on, :rolleyes: at least a few of us do, :rolleyes: and the others haven't kicked us out yet. HA! :unsure::rolleyes:

It all is pretty easy going around here. In fact that is one of the charms of the place, along with peaceful, respectful, caring, helpful, nice!!! In fact it is the best board around, and a great board family. So we are glad to have you join us!!!

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Welcome aboard Kev. Ask any question around here and someone will try to answer it. Nobody will knock you for asking. If they did Liz (Blim) would be in serious trouble haha :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I would!! :D:D:D

Liz

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to point out that it looks like there is now 1 alternate theme available. If you go to the very bottom of the forums, on the left there will be a drop-down menu. The new one is called Techno EN (import), I noticed it a few days ago. I'm still going to stick with the default theme, as I like it better, and I think it fits the site better. But, if anyone wants a change in scenery, you can take a gander. ;)

Matt