Hd Is Apprently 5400 Rpm's

Wel I was intrested into finding out who made the Hd on my laptop so I dl'ed EVERST Home Edition whihc I have found very useful program anyways I look it's says Seagate the model ete and it says 5400 rpm's then I look at the web site it says 4200 rpm's :blink:

Heres the website:Seagate Momentus HD

How could it say 4200 rpm's for the name and be 5200 rpm's?

The EVERST report is the attachment

1.txt

your best bet would be to open up the pc, try to get a physical good look at the label on the drive itself. its possible that from the time the drive was first produced, to the time it was installed in your pc, there were spec's updates at the manufacturer's end, and possibly the web site doesn't relate this info. mid-year, or end of year changes happen all the time in any industry. it could also be a great possibility that EVEREST is wrong, afterall, no "free" program is ever 100% accurate, heck, not even "paid for" programs are 100% accurate either.

Wel I was intrested into finding out who made the Hd on my laptop so I dl'ed EVERST Home Edition whihc I have found very useful program anyways I look it's says Seagate the model ete and it says 5400 rpm's then I look at the web site it says 4200 rpm's :blink:

Heres the website:Seagate Momentus HD

How could it say 4200 rpm's for the name and be 5200 rpm's?

The EVERST report is the attachment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think that Everest is set to read either 5400,7200 and 10,000 RPMs and that is why it gave you 5400 and not the 4200. And I am not sure it reads 10,000 since I don't have one of those drives.

I'm guessing you have a pre-assembled computer? Companies like Dell, Compaq/HP, Gateway, etc. often get specialized versions of hardware for use in their machines. It's not uncommon to find a piece of hardware in your machine that doesn't match with the specs on the manf's site. I think a recent one was where Dell got their hands on some early 7200.8 Seagate's with 16MB caches. Diagnostic software, Seagate's website and Dell's specs didn't all line up.