I was looking through a tigerdirect catalogue the other day and noticed it had 1024MB(1GB) ram in it for only $50. i was wondering if mushkin, the maker, is a good brand or not, $50 sure is cheap but they could suprise you.and i aready have 1 stick of 256 Ram from samsung i think, and the 1GB is 2 sticks, i know i could take the old one out and just put the 2 new sticks in, but before i buy, are all memory sticks the same length, i dont want the ram to be too long for my mobo, or a kind it cant take.

My mobo is a MSI MS-6701 (Medion OEM) and i dunno what to put for the memory stats but heres what i got from everest:

Memory Bus Properties

Bus Type DDR SDRAM

Bus Width 64-bit

Real Clock 167 MHz (DDR)

Effective Clock 333 MHz

Bandwidth 2666 MB/s

Ryan

I googled it, found that your motherboard takes 184-pin RAM. Usually RAM is 184-pin, but some other motherboards use different ones, I think some use somewhere around 200 pins, i don't have it on the top of my head.

I can't find the RAM you were talking about on tigerdirect, but here is what you should be looking for (specs that are better than your current RAM): Higher memory (obviously :)) and higher clock speeds. Right now you have DDR 333MHZ, PC2700. Try looking around for some PC3200 (DDR 400MHZ), or higher if your motherboard supports it. Though, if you don't have any need to upgrade to the speed, no need to splurge :).

Right now you have DDR 333MHZ, PC2700. Try looking around for some PC3200 (DDR 400MHZ), or higher if your motherboard supports it. Though, if you don't have any need to upgrade to the speed, no need to splurge :).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With most processors, this would offer no performance improvement.

Yes, Mushkin is a good brand. A link (or model number) would be very helpful.