Problem Installing Old Game: Problem Solved

Well I have this old game Gearhead Garage and I wanna install it on the Sidewinder. But i keep getting an erroe message. I wanna play on this system because of load times. If I'm gonna add 200 cars to the game again I don't want to wait 5 minutes for it to load on my Gateway and i also don't wanna keep burning the add-ons to CD-RW and running up and down stairs to transfer files. (hopefully I'll have a wireless network going within a month). Here's a pic of the error. i get this whether the CD autoplays or I go in and try and open the install. it even gives me this when i put the disc in the tray and close it.

ghgprob.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy

I just tried installing Gearhead Garage on my machine running Windows XP Home (Intel P4 2.66, 1.26GB RAM, ATI x800PRO) and I got an error message saying it doesn't support NT, but then it completed installation and I can open it up fine.

The Gearhead Garage website has an update for Windows XP but I don't think that'll help without being able to install the game even.

Edited by nikeiscool13

well what's pissin me off is i installed it on my old gateway and the dern computer freezes everytime i get to the player profile screen

i installed the game on 2Kpro once it just didn't play cause i didn't have the patch

according to the website it should install fine why isn't mine

Edited by Honda_Boy

ok i fixed turns out there was a missing file in system32 but there was a copy in a floder in C:\windows\repair i just copied the missing file and BAM the program loaded that MS trouble shoot page did have what i needed but pointed me in the right direction. it helped me find the missing file preventing the game from installing