OK. Here is the problem.

I have been having som phpBB and XAMPP problems as of late... three main ones. The first is that when I open a file realting to phpbb the format is messed up. An example being

[Q]<?

print ('blah blah blah')

?>[/Q]

comes out like this:

[Q]<? print (blah blah blah') ?>[/Q]

Now that is a simple example, but you can imagine what a ton of php code looks like all put onto one line, and it is -extremly- difficult to insert MODs.

The next problem is this: You get a debug error when registering, and then every time you try to send PMs. The PMs still get sent, people still register, but you get these annoying errors.

The third problem is the worst of all. This is recent, as in just randomly started last night. When people log in, or log out as the case may be, they get forwarded to the microsoft home page. When you go back to the forum index, you -are- logged in/out, but yeh. This would be like the other annoying error problem- except I can't get into the admin CP. And that poses a huge problem.

I did some virtualhost junk, but I got rid of it all, figuring it might help the forwarding problem... unfortunately, it did not. Anyway, my apache configure document and the hosts files are back to normal.

Thanks for any and all help.

Edited by karasu-kun

Well, I -should- be on ver. 4...

Oh, this is lovely. Now whenever someone tries to access the forum, apache dies, and I get a bunch of windows error messages ("Apache has encountered and error and will now close. Blah blah blah, Etc. etc.")

**Later**

Well, I completly deleted XAMPP and phpBB. Now I have phpBB ver. 2.0.17, and I'm using UniServer ver. 2.6 (Has php ver. 4.x, MySQL ver. 4.x, Apache ver. 2.x, exact stuff here). I'm still having errors- registering people get the debug error, confirmation email cannot be sent, and a new one, when they try to log in, they get a 'connection error' page, but when they go back to the index, everything is fine. What should I do?

(And still wierd phpBB doc format- could it just be the version?)

Oh, and now I can't get in. Again. This is the error I'm getting:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_users.MYI'. (errno: 145)

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 70
File : sessions.php

Edited by karasu-kun