I got a job fixing a computer for the beauty salon my wife works at. As a precaution to not losing any data, I would like to make a perfect bootable copy of the harddrive on a spare I have. What would a reliable, possibly free(or inexpensoive) utility be to do this.

If I made a mistake on the original harddrive, i would like to be able to just put my copy of the harddrive in and boot it.

I got a job fixing a computer for the beauty salon my wife works at. As a precaution to not losing any data, I would like to make a perfect bootable copy of the harddrive on a spare I have. What would a reliable, possibly free(or inexpensoive) utility be to do this.

If I made a mistake on the original harddrive, i would like to be able to just put my copy of the harddrive in and boot it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are about a million of them but I know someone who uses this one Cobain Backup 7

Forgot to mention this is shareware......

Edited by il_wiccan

I don't know of any reliable free image backup utilities. Usually when you buy a new retail hard drive it will come with a software disk to image your drive.

These are the only pay programs that I have heard of that work decent.

Acronis True Image 8.0

Symantec’s Norton Ghost 9.0

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

symantec also has drive image thru their powerquest aquistion. not sure they sitll produce or support it but i've always preferred it to ghost.