Usb Wireless Network Adapter

Which do ya'll think will be reliable enough for my bro not to get po'ed by the signal constanly dropping off

Thanks

Edit: since this thread was still on the first page i just decided to use it.

I need one that is compatible with Panther. My brother and I were looking around on newegg for one but all the ones that display requirements don't say mac compatible. the rest just don't even give requirements. Again i need a reliable one but now I need to know of one that will work with my bro's G4 iMac. Thanks for any help.

Edited by Honda_Boy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just restating my edit.

I need one that is compatible with Panther. My brother and I were looking around on newegg for one but all the ones that display requirements don't say mac compatible. the rest just don't even give requirements. Again i need a reliable one but now I need to know of one that will work with my bro's G4 iMac. Thanks for any help.

cool but he ain't got 90 bucks to spend on it and he doesn't know how long he will be livin with us could be a few weeks or few months.

the old g4 iMacs with the round dome bottom and the flat panel screen coming out of the dome don't have built wireless right cause this would just suck if we bought an adapter and it had it built in.

so which iMac G4 does he have? you could go to the apple specs site to find the exact one. there's been dozens of iMac G4 configurations of the years. if you looked at the model # on the back it would help you.

http://www.info.apple.com/support/applespec.html

if it is airport ready then just go that route since it's far better.

ohh and i think most wireless bridges don't really have mac, windows, unix. requirements. correct me if i'm wrong but i pretty much avoid wireless. 802.11B is the same regardless of os.

it's an iMac G4 with 1GHz G4 CPU, 256MB PC2700 RAM, nVidia GeForce4 MX420 with 32MB SDRAM, 15" attached LCD, and whatever mac used for audio. I've tried finding wireless in it and nope it ain't got it. Would this one be compatible. ABS USB Wireless Adapter

Here's a pic of it just in case.

themac.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy

hey i finally found one on ebay and it's new and it's an ASUS. it says it's completely Mac compatible 10.3 and later. sweet i'll tell my bro and see how it works out.

i've found the same one on newegg for less cash and not in the U.K.

Edited by Honda_Boy