Installing Opera Ad Filter

Installing Opera Ad Filter.

http://www.operaadfilter.com/

OperaAdFilter V1.5 download

OperaAdFilter V1.5 FAQ

Opera Adfilter Flash tutorial

How do I use OperaAdFilter?

Run the program. You will be asked to point to your opera6.ini file. The program will parse that ini and see if you have a filter.ini setup already. If you don't (which is likely), a default filter.ini will be created for you, and your opera6.ini will be updated to point to it. This only happens once when you first run OperaAdFilter.

While OperaAdFilter is running, just right click any ad, select COPY IMAGE ADDRESS, and OperaAdFilter will pick it up and offer to block this image's path. Once added, you will never receive content from that path again!

Everytime you create a new entry, the file is autosaved. When you exit OperaAdFilter, the file is saved. Opera must be restarted for the changes to take effect - and some ads may still reside in the browser cache (simply clear out your cache).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download OperaAdFilter15.zip and riched30.zip (for Win98/ME) to your Opera Profile folder.

zipfiles.jpg

Unzip the file(s) to the same Profile folder. Execute riched30.exe (Win98/ME) an it will install with no other steps needed. Execute OperaAdFilter15.exe, agree to the terms and use the Browse button to point the download to the Profile folder as before. This will create the operafilter folder within Profile.

unzippedexecuted.jpg

Open operafilter folder and double click opera. A box will popup welcoming you to Adfilter. Click OK. When the next box pops up browse to the oper6.ini in the Profile folder and select it.

opera6ini.jpg

Follow through and let it create the filter.ini file. I like placing the filter.ini in root.

My setup.

operaadfilter.ini Located in operafilter folder

C:\Program Files\Opera\profile\opera6.ini

C:\filter.ini

opera6.ini Located in Profile folder.

[Adv User Prefs]

IDNA White List=:no:jp:de:se:kr:tw:cn:at:dk:ch:li:museum:hu:

Telnet App=telnet.exe

TN3270 App=telnet.exe

Track Password Cookie Usage=1

URL Filter File=C:\filter.ini <-------------Add or alter this line to this. (this must be done with Opera closed)

To find opera6.ini

In Opera go to Help in the toolbar and click About Opera. You will see the location of the file.

Normally it's under Opera\Profile\opera6.ini

You may have to go to control panel/ folder options/ view and select show hidden and system files

Also uncheck "hide file extensions of known file types"

Once installed you can open Opera AdFilter in Start > Programs.

OperaAdFilter.jpg

With Opera Ad Filter opened click Internet then Get Our Ad Server List and the adfilter will be preloaded with ad sites to be blocked.

adserverlist.jpg

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
  • 5 months later...

hi ive just installed opera 8.51

do i need to install the adfilter

thanks

marty

It can cut out most of the junk ads that could slow you down if you have dial-up.

yes im on dialup

so i will follow your tutorial

thanks

marty