Great To Be Here

hi team im still feeling my way round the board .so if i make a mistake please bare with me.but im.getting there.ive only been on 5 minutes and made 2 mistakes.so i have a few things to learn

thanks

marty

oh...by the way, I just moved up to WFWG 3.11 so I'll probably have some question concerning that. DOS RULES hahahahahahahah

EDIT: I'm running dos 7.10. when I go to file manager I have an autoexec.bat there and when I go to the dos 7.10 directory I also have an autoexec.bat. do I need both of these? which one can I delete? another question.... when I reboot my system it boots to dos 7.10. then I have to type in WIN to load windows. is there a way to make windows load withpout stopping in dos 7.10? in the old win 3.1 I could add WIN as the last line in my autoexec.bat and windows would automatically load. I tried this with dos 7.10 and it doesn't work like that. should I ask one question at a time so as not to confuse anyone? :unsure:

LOL I didn't get confused one bit. I'ts been a while since I've worked with that vers of windows and DOS. I do remember that my I also had two "autoexec.bat" and was told that both were needed, but I'm no expert there.

As for automatically going into windows, I don't know how to change that. I always had to type in WIN to get it going after booting into dos.

thanks for the input Nerelda. I know that under DOS 6 you could add the line WIN as the last line in autoexec.bat and go straight into windows but I'm new to DOS 7.10. But alas, when I moved here from Texas I left my DOS 6 disks. Maybe I should drive 325 miles to get them....LOL have a nice day.

try pete _c when we were at c.f.h he sent me a tutorial.on different dos stages

thi havent used it since we changed boards.dos is pretty facinting.

i remember pete said if you can learn dos.properly.you can master any compt

marty

LOL

hey bearskin....have you tried doing a search for DOS 6? Maybe there's a place where you can download the disks?

Nerelda.....I have searched for the DOS 6 disks but I understand that's it's not open software yet. If it's not legal I don't want it. I'll wait since I'll be going back to texas pretty soon anyway

try pete _c when we were at c.f.h he sent me a tutorial.on different dos stages

thi havent used it since we changed boards.dos is pretty facinting.

i remember pete said if you can learn dos.properly.you can master any compt

marty

thanks marty....I will pm pete.