I run my youth services on wensdays, my buddy works the sound board and I work the computer. And I was wondering if you guys know where i can download any sound check music that has bass and high notes that my buddy can cofigure the sound board with. He usualy has to lisiten to rock music to get it right, this would speed up the set up process. By the time I am done setting up all of the tech stuff he is still sitting there configuring it. by the way I am 15 and I usaly come over to my church at 3:00 to start working. and sorry about placing this in the wrong forum but i post in here alot when i need help. :D

Hi Amp,

Now, I'm not exactly sure what I'm talking about, especially with the computer side of your question :) but maybe I'm understanding what you're trying to do....

Downloading Sites scare me because of all the "cooties" out there, but maybe if you Google Soundcheck music, you might find a site with some clips that you can copy.

Another option, which is what we use instead of download sites is the good ol' library. Many libraries let you borrow CDs (ours is free, neighboring town is 50cents for 2 weeks) Our library is a member of a multi library cooperative and you can order online to arrive at the local library.

The libraries have a VAST collection of CDs--there might be something there that you can download onto the computer, probably even something made just for soundchecks. Oh, and our library site has a search feature, I imagine most all do.

(And trying to figure out where to post a question is the hardest part about posting!! Don't worry, if you ever post in the wrong place, as I have, someone will move it :thumbsup: )

Liz

That's a pretty specific and esoteric bit of music you're looking for and the odds of another person having a link for you are slim (unless they do a lot of Web searching on your behalf, I gave up after the third page or results).

There are dozens of TEST CDs, however I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.