If any of you webmasters/mistresses or anyone with a website think its worthwhile, please put a link to The American Red Cross on your site so people can help out the hurricane victims.

www.redcross.org

I know its not a "tech" question but who knows who you might help in the real world.

In case you don't know, their site is

www.redcross.ORG

Thanks,

PG7

Edited by Parrotgeek7
If any of you webmasters/mistresses or anyone with a website think its worthwhile, please put a link to The American Red Cross on your site so people can help out the hurricane victims.

www.redcross.org

I know its not a "tech" question but who knows who you might help in the real world.

In case you don't know, theeir site is

www.redcross.ORG

Thanks,

PG7

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i havent got a website but a friend has and i contacted him

when i read your post

and he is going to post it on the site

it will probably do his site good by profiling

it with the red cross .

over here redcross is very popular

it has been established for 60 years

marty

Bless your heart, TrueDarkOne!! And yours too, Parrot! I don't have a website (Ha! Me?? are you kidding???) BUT my son is a member of many game forums and I had him read your request. He followed DOS's lead and put a link in his Signatures. Going to get daughter to do the same when I can chain her down long enough to read this!!

Liz

ive donated i little bit

which i posted on another thread

to the local redcross

we have a very active redcross

they have been going from door to door

many of us have limited budgets

but the cause is worthy

irrespective of how much you donate

we belong to the world redcross assic

marty

Bless your heart, TrueDarkOne!!  And yours too, Parrot!  I don't have a website (Ha! Me?? are you kidding???)  BUT my son is a member of many game forums and I had him read your request.  He followed DOS's lead and put a link in his Signatures.  Going to get daughter to do the same when I can chain her down long enough to read this!!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea with the signature link.

www.redcross.org

In case you don't know, their site is

www.redcross.ORG

Thanks,

PG7

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea PG.

Another one is check where you work.

For instance, my S.O. who works for a large bank told me that they are doubling employees contributions to the Red Cross.

Of course, make sure it's legit as best you can.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

You might also think about supporting:

Feed the Children

91% of the money you give goes directly to the program, and only 2% goes to management. You can check out their website for accountablility details. I think 35 dollars delivers 250 pounds of supplies, since everything is donated.

I hate to say it, but you have to watch these charities very closely. The NYC and DC chapters of the red cross had some scandals over 9-11 money.

BH

PG two post with nothing in them?? Your error or am I not seeing things?

You can always give to the Red Cross and have the money go towards the relief effort you want by putting a note in the memo area of checks and money orders.

Also a kind word to the volenteers helps, many times they are not given credit for their unselfish acts.

They are heros in plain clothes.

M