Kevin Rose - Media Mogel?

I just notice that Kevin Rose is producing another TV show, DIGG Nation. I was a little miffed he quit producing stuff for the broken and has been a little slow producing content for Systm, but it looks like he is putting out a weekly show. He has more drive than I gave him credit for (sorry Kevin).

Anyone else have any further info?

BH

<PS I REALLY need a networked DivX player, anyone got any suggestions?>

I just notice that Kevin Rose is producing another TV show, DIGG Nation.  I was a little miffed he quit producing stuff for the broken and has been a little slow producing content for Systm, but it looks like he is putting out a weekly show.  He has more drive than I gave him credit for (sorry Kevin).

Anyone else have any further info?

BH

<PS I REALLY need a networked DivX player, anyone got any suggestions?>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I am understanding you maybe VLC might do the job.....Video Lan Client

Edited by il_wiccan

I just subscibed and listen to the Diggnation podcast tonight.

Out of 27 minutes, about 13 were newsworthy. The rest were wasted on the hosts describing the beer they were drinking on air.

And worse than that, I counted 65 instances of the word "dude" being used as a pronoun.

To Kevin Rose:

DUDE! Clean up your act.

Some of us don't want to listen to the bantering of 14 year old high school boys.

Joe

To Kevin Rose:

DUDE! Clean up your act.

Some of us don't want to listen to the bantering of 14 year old high school boys.

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OUCH! I wish I had downloaded it last night, I love a good train wreck. :)

He has quite a cast of people, I wonder how/if they are being compensated. With as many people as he has, he should be able to produce something once a month right? As fickle as the public is, I think he should be keeping his face out there. It might also help to put a female face in the linup, it is kind of a sausage fest.

Anyone ever work in this industry? I have often wondered how many man hours it takes to produce a half an hour of content. My experence in the field was limited to two years of stagecraft in high school, so I am completly clueless. I could however do wonders with his set. :)

BH

You can't judge all podcast by just one some are very good some not so good.

I personally love Tech news and beer drinking so I enjoy the Diggnation vidpodcast. I also subscribe to a few other podcast most Leo related and some of the Mac podcast. The only down side is I'm watching less TV...wait thats not a down side.

:)  Reading this makes me glad I haven't ventured into Podcast.  That rubbish is the reason I quit watching TSS after the move to LA.  Only read about AOTS---not for me, either!!!!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Liz, as iSteve said, there are some good ones out there.

Problem is there are so many Podcasts, you're lucky to find the ones with intelligence.

I subscribe to:

TWIT (Technology) (K. Rose is also on this, but the mood is not high school locker room)

Gilmore Gang (Technology)

Chris Pirillo Show (Technology)

Science Friday

Nova (PBS)

Photoshop Radio

WGBH Morning Stories

Inside Mac Radio

Radio Leo

Endgadget (Technology)

KCRW's The Road Less Traveled (commemtary on people and their cars)

All very interesting content.

Joe

Sooo, are Podcasts just something you listen to, or is there video, too, or both? They sound like they're an audio thing, but I really know nothing about them (but that Nova thing is really intreging me, I loved the show)

Oh!! We need a "Podcasts for Dummies" Tutorial! :)

Liz

Sooo, are Podcasts just something you listen to, or is there video, too, or both?  They sound like they're an audio thing, but I really know nothing about them (but that Nova thing is really intreging me, I loved the show)

Oh!!  We need a "Podcasts for Dummies" Tutorial!  :) 

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, they are audio.

Kind of like on demand audio with a TIVO flare.

It's a relatively new format, and yet there are new podcasts coming online everyday.

Kind of like the Blog phenomenon of yesteryear.

You need a podcast software. I use iTunes.

From there, you can view what's available and either download individual "shows" or subscribe to them.

With iTunes, it will download all the new "shows" that you subscribed to everytime you open it, if you prefer.

Once you have the "shows" captured, you can either play them on you computer, or transfer them to a personal mp3 type player, or both.

I walk 4 or 5 miles a night. So I download the days files to my iPod and that's my entertainment as I walk.

And the best thing is that it's all FREE!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You won me over, they should pay you. I will be downloading the list you suggested this weekend.

Maybe those of you that are ahead of us in the podcast world should set up a stickie of those podcasts that the group might like and suggestions for software.

BH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You won me over, they should pay you. I will be downloading the list you suggested this weekend.

Maybe those of you that are ahead of us in the podcast world should set up a stickie of those podcasts that the group might like and suggestions for software.

BH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i think that iTunes is the best way to go but then again biased with iTunes. :wub:^_^

btw i'm still trying to find a site that lists how many users of iTunes there are, so if anyone finds it please let me know.

Sooo, are Podcasts just something you listen to, or is there video, too, or both?

Podcast are now both,good thing about using itunes is it will download, organize and play them and if you want even delete them when your done.

Edited by isteve